Cleaning... Indoors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
So!

My bike looks horrible, had a little accidental excursion across a field that looked a lot less boggy than it was :angry:

the problem is I don't have an outdoor area, I'm 3 floors up in a flat and I wondered if any of you had any tips for cleaning indoors without making a horrendous mess? Am I going to have to suck it up and take a bag full of cleaning supplies to the local park and look a bit of a div?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Option 1: chain bike up outside. Go in and fetch a bucket of water and a brush..... well, you can work the rest

Option 2: leave bike dirty in the flat, sitting on newspapers or a bit of lino, and it'll clean itself next time you ride in the rain.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Replace your shower curtain with a new one (puts you in your OH good books already) then use the old curtain to cover the floor, it's rugged and waterproof and easy to fold up full of cr@p.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
^Dammit- just saw the cubicle related part of that (cross post) i take it you don't have a spare shower curtain.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
Option 1a, if you live in a particularly high crime area: Chain up bucket of water outside. Go in and fetch bike and a brush.

Liverpool aint as bad as it used to be :laugh:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
It might be less messy if you let the crud dry first (If you have the time) Then a lot of it will come off in clumps. Obviously put some paper down first then you can get the rest off with a damp cloth.

Stantheman

Go on a cycle ride to your nearest hand car wash and ask them to do it. No jet wash on it though or you will knacker your bearings.

Top Bottom