Cleaning my bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
This guy seems to have found the solution....pun intended :rain:
View attachment 79210

NO NO NO! Never clean a bike upside-down; water will run into the steerer bearings.

In all seriousness, as long as you don't scratch the plastic bath, what's wrong with this?

IMG-20130406-00931_zps24e2d43d.jpg

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I washed my bike in the bath, but it is not satisfactory. My plumbing gets blocked enough as it is without shoving clods of earth and bits of old leaves down the plug hole.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well, no, I wouldn't wash a mountain bike like that! That pic was taken in a hotel after a particulary wet and salty ride.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I live in a flat on the top floor, so I have difficulty cleaning my bike. I was wondering about getting some device that you can fill up with water, which I could use to hose my bike down in the back yard. Is there something like this? I think I bought something before, but it turned out not to be suitable. I think it had t o be connected to a an outside tap and there wasn't one.

When I was riding cyclocross I bought a hand-operated weedsprayer from B&Q to remove mud from the bike after races (at the time I lived in a third-floor flat). It was pretty good (the bike was often very muddy). I didn't have an outside tap- I filled it upstairs with warm water and carried it down along with a bucket containing some rags and stuff.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Got to support the bucket of warm soapy water and wash mit. Anything using gravity to feed water wont give enough flow to do any more than rinse the soap off, certainly not jet the muck off. The bottles you pump up to get pressure and squirt out water, IMHO, need refilling so often, they are not really very practicable.

Last edited:

JMAG

Über Member

Top Bottom