Cleaning Shower Glass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Lots of good suggestions there. Thank you.

I am beginning to wonder if it is the age of the glass. Also how competent I would be at replacing it. ^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
Get a single sided blade and scrape a bit of it, if it does not come off then it is etched in and as I said earlier needs replacing to look and better. Rainx is a great product that when applied properly and works very well to help stop hardwater marking, I use it on my taps as well.

D

Deleted member 1258

Lots of good suggestions there. Thank you.

I am beginning to wonder if it is the age of the glass. Also how competent I would be at replacing it. ^_^

Our shower's been in for 11 years now and the glass still cleans up nicely.

screenman

Legendary Member
Our shower's been in for 11 years now and the glass still cleans up nicely.

So would ours if we lived in your area, softer water makes a huge difference. Our old one ended up almost opaque despite being wiped dry after ever use, the taps would last only a few weeks without constant cleaning.

D

Deleted member 1258

So would ours if we lived in your area, softer water makes a huge difference. Our old one ended up almost opaque despite being wiped dry after ever use, the taps would last only a few weeks without constant cleaning.

Is it softer down here? I don't know.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pop to Screw fix and get their no nonsense de-greaser. It's 5 litres for about £10. Pop a drop in a squirty bottle, and dilute it. It's blooming great stuff.

It's great on chains and cassettes, as well as kitchen hobs.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Believe it or not, degreaser works well.

I personally rate Mr Muscle for getting rid of limescale, but quite a few of the products for cleaning really irritate my wife's chest (all sort of nasty chemicals).

I find bleach works quite well, but ensure the bathroom is well ventilated, and you've not got 'nice' clothes on. Rather nasty to use though.

Top Bottom