Cleaning white leather...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone have any tips, hints or recommendations for cleaning white leather?

These are my summer shoes, and they are undergoing a bit of an over haul after I busted one of the cleat inserts fitting new cleats!

I've also got new BOA lacing and coil mechs for them as well. I'm just waiting for the new inserts to arrive from Lake then I can get them fettled.

I'm rambling now :whistle: Back to the OT, I'd like to clean them up a bit while I'm at it, but I've never had white leather shoes of any description in the past, (I'm very proud to say).

The shoes themselves aren't too bad, but where the lacing system crosses the tongue they look a mess TBH. The leathers seems OK though TBH.

So, if someone has a great tip to make my shoes sparkle then lets hear it please :thumbsup:

scaled.php

Incidentally, if you've ever wondered what is actually inside your shoes that your cleats screw into, this is it.

insertb.jpg

I don't know what I expected TBH but it's not much is it?

Milo

Guru
You can get white leather shoe polish I imagine. But the real question is why on earth choose white if you care about it looking clean?

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
why on earth choose white if you care about it looking clean?
They only did them in white when I bought them in 2009 so choice wan't really an option, plus they matched my bike/kit as well. :tongue:

(ironically they don't match my current bike/kit anymore :whistle:)

They do make them in black now, but I can't afford to replace them, and considering the use they've had I'm not grumbling about them at all.

I just thought I'd try and spruce them up.

Milo

Guru
Fair enough. Saddle soap pretty cheap and should work. It will soften the leather slightly though. Either the internet will sell it or anywhere local that sells horsey stuff.

byegad

Legendary Member
Leave them as is why bother?

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
those shoes are already too clean - if you want cleaner than that, you have to buy new...
I have to agree TBH, the uppers clean up a treat with baby wipes, but the marks on the tongues annoy me, and I know they'll come back regardless but thought I'd give it a go anyway.

I'll try a few things that have been mentioned while the shoes are in dock and see how they come up :thumbsup:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Is that really leather or is it vinyl? If vinyl or painted leather I'd be tempted to have a go at those marks with something mildly abrasive like a polish or even toothpaste.

Top Bottom