Cleaning Your Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mapster1989

Have you any tips on the best, most efficient and effective ways of cleaning your bike?

At the moment I use Muc-Off and give the bike a liberal spray, leave it and then hose down and scrub any remaining dirt and grime.

Grayduff

Über Member
Baby wipes and Mr Sheen as recommended by many on this forum..works for me..:thumbsup:

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Cross bike, almost never. Both best bikes, now and again, quick spray with muck-off and hose, done! Life is too short for cleaning cars and bikes.

400bhp

Guru
"Base Clean:" baby wipes. Generally done after each ride.

"moderate clean": gt85, leave for 30 secs, wipe off. They re-spray and leave. Generally done after 100 miles or so, or if there has been rain.

"The Works": take bits and bobs off. Clean with car shampoo and a mixture of 1 & 2 above. Occasionally remove and clean the running gear with white spirit. Generally done when I can be arsed.

Complete strip and rebuild. Replace any part that shows signs of wear. Take for once up and down the road and apply signature to Calibration Certificate.

Lol, too far!
plus calibration certificate needs to be signed by a qualified person

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I use cloths and basic kitchen cleaning spray, but never use water. If I'm feeling really picky, I'll pull the rag through every possible nook and cranny on the bike to remove any trace of dirt stuck between any 2 parts. I do have limits, though: I've never tried the ShelBroCo Bicycle Chain Cleaning System :laugh:.

Top Bottom