Cleat bolts!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
As far as they will go, with a minimum of three full threads engaged. Make sure you have the safety-walk tape stuck on and you should avoid any slippage.

This is assuming you're referring to Campagnolo Pro-Fit of course. And why wouldn't you be?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Check them for tightness regularly. Very hard to unclip a loose cleat.
Indeed, passers by were most confused to find me lying on my side in the path of an oncoming taxi apparently trying to put the boot into my bike. I was actually trying to take the boot away from my bike. I'll happily give them that extra white knuckle. Checking would be wise too.

OP
OP
Roadrider48

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
As far as they will go, with a minimum of three full threads engaged. Make sure you have the safety-walk tape stuck on and you should avoid any slippage.

This is assuming you're referring to Campagnolo Pro-Fit of course. And why wouldn't you be?
Ha ha. No, Look Keo's.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Indeed, passers by were most confused to find me lying on my side in the path of an oncoming taxi apparently trying to put the boot into my bike. I was actually trying to take the boot away from my bike. I'll happily give them that extra white knuckle. Checking would be wise too.
I rode for several hours once with my left shoe firmly attached. Wee stops were interesting. Then I just left my shoe on the bike when we got to the railway station at the end. I always unclip early before stopping so I discovered it well before it became a balance problem, just an annoyance.

OP
OP
Roadrider48

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Check regularly, my only clipless moment was a result of a lost bolt, I simply couldn't get my foot out!
Thanks @vickster
I have been clipless for a long time, but just always tightened them by hand(so to speak).
As I said, I bought some nice new shoes yesterday and was just wondering if there was a specified tightness.
Cheers anyway. I do check them regular aswell.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Check regularly, my only clipless moment was a result of a lost bolt, I simply couldn't get my foot out!
Me too!

winjim

Smash the cistern
Ha ha. No, Look Keo's.
Oh well, it was a long shot. Still might be worth getting hold of some safety-walk tape though. It's the sandpapery stuff they put on emergency staircases and the like. Campagnolo provide two pieces the correct shape but you could get some and cut it yourself of course. Stick it to your cleats and they'll grip like a grippy thing, so there's no danger of them moving position as you twist to unclip.

OP
OP
Roadrider48

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Oh well, it was a long shot. Still might be worth getting hold of some safety-walk tape though. It's the sandpapery stuff they put on emergency staircases and the like. Campagnolo provide two pieces the correct shape but you could get some and cut it yourself of course. Stick it to your cleats and they'll grip like a grippy thing, so there's no danger of them moving position as you twist to unclip.
I will mate. Sounds like a good idea.

Top Bottom