Cleat covers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amaferanga

Veteran
I know - I don't think you can buy them anywhere! Just pointing out that they do/did exist (in theory).

But you replied with a link to a site where you can't buy them in reply to someone saying 'I bet you can't find anywhere in the UK that you can get them' !

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
But you replied with a link to a site where you can't buy them in reply to someone saying 'I bet you can't find anywhere in the UK that you can get them' !
I said that - the link was adding to my own reply - which was in response to an earlier post stating that they didn't exist - 'Those are not SPD-SL cleat cover's, they are covers for Look Delta's and the other items on their site are covers for Look Keo's (or similar look cleats)'. Hope that makes sense!

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
I'd recommend taking some flip flops for off the bike. You'll appreciate allowing your feet to breath after a long day on the bike. I did an unsupported LEJOG on a road bike with just rack bag and still managed to fit in some flip flops (which were essential since I was cycling road shoes). If its cold you can always wear your cycling shoes.
Sorry for the de-rail...

You just took a seatpost mounted bag for that, am I right in remembering that? What sort of kit did you take with you, excluding food?

amaferanga

Veteran
Sorry for the de-rail...

You just took a seatpost mounted bag for that, am I right in remembering that? What sort of kit did you take with you, excluding food?

Minimal kit. Cycling stuff including a waterpoof jacket. Pair of lightweight trekking trousers, undies and flip flops for off the bike (so wearing cycling baselayer and jersey as pub wear which isn't exactly cool). Phone and charger, some tools and spare tubes, GPS for navigation, contact lens stuff (no specs which I realised was a mistake when I got an infection in one eye before I got to Scotland and had to ride the rest of the way with only one contact lens in so could only see properly out of my left eye). Basically only stuff that I really needed and no luxuries. It was fine for 5 days, but I wouldn't want to do a long tour like that!

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
Cheers for that... Trying to work out a happy medium between carrying a minimal amount of kit on a B&B tour, without having to drag too much rubbish around with me!

Top Bottom