Cleat setting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Done the seated test and toes point inwards
Done the marching on spot and stand before looking at feet. Knees point out and right foot straight bit left toes point out.
Pedals are new and stiff so to get any setting without the cleat moving when I try to remove has meant the teeth have dug into the sole.
Struggling to work out which is best way to set the cleats for feet position.
pedals are Shimano ES600 SPD
Also with pedal on a low setting,loose, hell of a lot of twist of heel left to right

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
cleat set up

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 7

cyberknight

what i do :smile:
horizontal line is across from outside of foot where the middle of you big toe bone is
1615051150081.png

I find as i walk toes out slightly to prevent heel rub on the cranks i have the cleats close to the inside of the shoe so my stance is wider and i also have a small angle inwards on the cleat to mirror my toe out stance

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Thanks @cyberknight so you mimic how you stand not the method of seated with legs hanging down ?
I have cleat so ball of feet about over pedal crank and central in shoe with cleat turned outwards to mimic my feet that toe in at present
00246CA9-4549-4267-8FE9-8D168F9E6521.jpeg

Last edited:

cyberknight

Thanks @cyberknight so you mimic how you stand not the method of seated with legs hanging down ?
I have cleat so ball of feet about over pedal crank and central in shoe with cleat turned outwards to mimic my feet that toe in at present
View attachment 577322
Sounds like your opposite to me as i toe out :smile:
With regards cleat tightness you do need them so they are dug into the shoe, have you adjusted the tension of the pedal ?

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Sounds like your opposite to me as i toe out :smile:
With regards cleat tightness you do need them so they are dug into the shoe, have you adjusted the tension of the pedal ?
Had the pedal at lowest setting to test but its at 3 now. They are tight because pedals are new. I tried them in my old pedals on single speed which is set tighter and they are less movement. I found a thread on here which @slowmotion replied to someone asking similar to sit on a worktop and mimic how feet naturally hang so looks like I am opposite to you in toes in.
Taking son on a 13 mile cycle tomorrow. Its mostly flat and cycle paths so will take the single speed but wear new shoes and see how it feels before big ride on other bike.
Thanks for the kind advice :okay:

Top Bottom