click and a creak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rsvdaz

has developed on my bike.

it seems as though its coming from the lhs crank or pedal.

I have spd pedals M540 or similar

bike is only a few weeks old so im guessing its not the BB

farina

has developed on my bike.

it seems as though its coming from the lhs crank or pedal.

I have spd pedals M540 or similar

bike is only a few weeks old so im guessing its not the BB

farina

I spent weeks and lots of money buying new pedals before I tightened up the wheels onto the frame - worked like magic!

Hydra

Occasional Pepper Carver
I spent weeks and lots of money buying new pedals before I tightened up the wheels onto the frame - worked like magic!

+1 for this.

I went through two bottom brackets, replaced cleats, tightened and greased all likely bolts, removed mudguards and rack...

The culprit turned out to be the rear wheel QR not been tight enough. Woulda never thunked it
rolleyes.gif

On the plus side, I guess, I've got two spare BBs.

OP
OP
rsvdaz

rsvdaz

lol..before i came back to read the replies I tightened my cleats, toof off pedal and re-greased and still the creak is there....will pop out and tighten the QRs

smithy92

Dont forget to check your seat!

Does it happen when out of the saddle? If not then check the seat clamp collar is tight as well as the bolt(s) that clamp the saddle rails.

Beaker39

I also had a similar problem and tried almost everything but the thing that fixed it for me was to remove my crank bolts, grease heavily and put them back on. Worked a treat. Just tightening them did nothing. I do have lovely new pedals and a well greased BB too :biggrin:

OP
OP
rsvdaz

rsvdaz

seems to me that the noise is happening when powering down on the left pedal.

it doesnt happen when free wheeling

Trevrev

Veteran
One of the best tips i ever picked up on here.
Tighten up all fixings on your bike before spending any money on new parts, if a creek developes.
You'll be surprised how a slightly loose fixing can make you think there's something wrong with the pedals, crank or BB.
Sound generates around the tubing of the frame........
If ever i hear strange noises i tighten things up, and 9 times out of 10, the noises go.

postman

Legendary Member
Same sort of prob.With my Spesh Secteur Elite.So bottom bracket got sorted first.Then the pedals fettled.It turned out to be the freewheel hub.Trouble is lbs is having probs getting one sent from Specialized.They have had the bike eight days now.It's the longest i have been away from it.And no idea when i might get it back.A suggestion was get a pair of new wheels.Anyway going out tomorrow on the Galaxy a slower ride to Boroughbridge.In all this lovely heat.

But i digress a creak is an annoying problem.But don't worry you will find it.But a may cost a few quid,while they go through eveything.But it's worth it.

Top Bottom