Click click click

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart1987

Regular
Whenever I place my bike in their lowest gears I get a constant clicking. It appears that my chain is brushing against my front derailleur. How do I solve this problem?

You could try to adjust the cable to move the front mech in or out a tad.

What gears are you using? Road brifters? If so there may be a trim feture on the left hand brifter.

jarlrmai

Veteran
The front derailluer usually has adjustment screws, one will move the derrailluer out and in, adjust this with a phillips screwdriver.

Forgot to mention you need to choose the screw for the ring that's giving you issues

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Whenever I place my bike in their lowest gears I get a constant clicking. It appears that my chain is brushing against my front derailleur. How do I solve this problem?

If you get it at the lowest gears that means you are on the smallest front ring. Since the front mech position should be determined by the L limit screw for that ring chance is you need to adjust that screw. The objective is to set the screw so that there is a 1mm gap between the chain and the inside arm of the mech. You turn the screw clockwise to move the mech out and anticlockwise to let it move further in (when the cable tension should not be so high as to stop it moving in).

Top Bottom