Clicking noise on carbon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Is this normal ? I have a slight clicking noise that comes and goes . I'm forever tweaking things so assume that its just things settling in again but it bugs me when it happens as im looking for the source .

D

Deleted member 18052

Check pedals are tight. I had this on mine recently every time left crank went past 10 o clock on way down.

Unscrewed pedals greased and nipped up again sorted it.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Spanner at the ready for the morning grease up :stop:
Its not a worrying thing , its just annoying because I don't know what it is .

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Bearings may be starting to go on the BB ...
Mine was making a creaking sound (carbon frame) I was thinking the worst cracked frame etc
end up BBB
I hope not , I only started riding it on Christmas day :ohmy:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The BB30 in one of my bikes is two years old.
Does it click ?

S.Giles

I also have a random 'click' that comes and goes and really bothers me when it happens. I checked and tightened the BB, but that didn't help. For a different reason, I took off the rear wheel, and when replaced, the 'click' had gone.....but returned about a month later! I still don't know what is causing it, but it's an old (and inexpensive) bike, so it's probably not the same problem as yours.

woohoo

Veteran
I had this on my (BB30) bike and it turned out to be the chairings. Undid the bolts removed the rings, very lightly greased the interfaces, bit of copper stuff on the bolts, reassembled it and no clicks.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive nipped everything up and its still there . Not all the time and im not sure if its even from the same place now .
Could it be that I will get some noise from the material movement ? It does seem to be when I put the pressure on rather than just pootling along .

Top Bottom