Clicking noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alun

Guru
My bike's been making a clicking noise recently, a sort of light "ting ting" sound on the RHS pedal stroke, but only if pressing hard. I've traced it to the chainwheel bolts, which were plenty tight enough but completely dry. Grease them up and put it all back together, problem solved !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Alun said:
My bike's been making a clicking noise recently, a sort of light "ting ting" sound on the RHS pedal stroke, but only if pressing hard. I've traced it to the chainwheel bolts, which were plenty tight enough but completely dry. Grease them up and put it all back together, problem solved !
Excellent work Alun! It means that I will no longer have to listen to the ticking noises coming from your damn bike as we cycle along together. Now if I get round to greasing a few parts on my bike then perhaps you might not have to listen to the ticking noises coming off my damn bike! :smile:

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Cheers for that!

I was going to post a question as I thought my clicking was the bottom bracket (or maybe a pedal) as it clicked at about the horizontal on the downstroke of the right pedal.

Going to have to get my allen keys out and some grease and give it a go.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Just had a go at cracking the allen keys with my multi-tool and they are too tight!

Is there a lazy work around, like wd-40, a squirt of teflon or chain lube on them rather than dismantle?

Top Bottom