Cliff Shrubb legendary frame builder RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
So sad to learn that my neighbour, friend and one of the best frame builder's in the world died yesterday. A sad and great loss, an amazing man on every level.
10325730_10152126542236581_1631000297200887315_n.jpg

Cliff made frames for many local riders and professionals alike, including Sean Yates and Dave Le Grys.

Tony Doyle won the World Championship Pursuit on a Shrubb, badged as a Geoffrey Butler if I recall. One year at the National Track championships Sean Yates and Tony Doyle came 1st and 2nd, meaning that both 1st and 2nd place were taken by Shrubb frame

Last edited:

festival

Über Member
I only met Cliff a few times over many years but he really was a lovely gentleman.

P.S. Hi Paul. Hope you are well.
From your old helper at GB cycles and CTC shop.
Richard.

OP
OP
Paul_Smith SRCC

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
Hi Richard, good to see you are still about, hope you are keeping well? Cliff was indeed a great chap on every level, I imagine there will be many of his frames-bikes at the funeral. On that note the necessary funeral arrangements have started to take shape, I will be posting the details when a bit more is finalised, which she hoped would be in the next day or two.

OP
OP
Paul_Smith SRCC

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
Cliff Shrubb Funeral arrangements:

Carole has asked me to let everyone know that Cliff's funeral will be on 19th June at 2.45pm Leatherhead Crematorium, Randalls Rd, Leatherhead. KT22 0AG. It's been requested no flowers but should you wish to make a donation to Cliff's chosen charity, Battersea Cats and Dogs Home, then please makes cheques payable to this charity via Funeral Directors, W.A Truelove and Son, 107 Stafford Rd, Wallington. SM6 9AP. Donations can be received up to 6 weeks after the funeral.

Full details will also be in the weeks local Guardian paper. The reception will be announced shortly but Carole didn't want to leave announcing what she does know so that people can at least arrange their diaries. I will naturally update you all here to where the reception is, as and when I know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom