clip in shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
I dont walk anywhere in them, put them on at the front door, ride, take them off at the front door.

roley poley

Über Member
oh no trying my old but better pedals out on the genesis ...they have toe clips and straps .Have I lost any of the street cred I never had?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'd just wait until the shoes have worn out and then buy a new pair with recesses that make walking easy. In the meantime (a) be careful and (b) don't walk on any nice flooring that anyone might care about.
A few years back our club sportive had the use of a community hall, wooden floored.. We didn't get to use it again 🙊

Mike_P

Guru
They are, but they have sacrificial points. An SPD cleat on an SPDSL oriented shoe just isn't desireable
Shimano make recessed adapters for using SPDs on road shoes, work well in my experience so have SPD pedals on all bikes allowing for either road bike or MTB kit on the hybrid, or use of more MTB like shoes on the road bike when it gets pressed into use on a short commute that it's not worth the time using road bike kit for.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Shimano make recessed adapters for using SPDs on road shoes, work well in my experience so have SPD pedals on all bikes allowing for either road bike or MTB kit on the hybrid, or use of more MTB like shoes on the road bike when it gets pressed into use on a short commute that it's not worth the time using road bike kit for.
View attachment 532669
Now that's a great idea. Surprised myself I didn't know these adaptors existed.

Top Bottom