Clipless moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Coming home after a nice ride to Glyn Ceiriog valley, I was tired and cold, with a wondered mind I came across traffic in town.
I unclipped the left foot but fell to my right, it wouldn't of looked out of place in a slap-stick comedy. Whilst falling I knocked the yellow hatchback in front of me, expecting grief from the waiting driver I explained my moment of stupidity, but she was really nice and made sure I was okay before leaving the scene of embarrassment.
I have a sore knee, grazed elbow and red face:shy:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ouch....

Flossyrockstar

Über Member
I had one of those moments after doing my first 100k coming back the most direct route meant going up hogtrough hill off pilgrims way https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ho...hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

But after all those miles an eighteen percent hill probably wasn't the best move, getting slower and slower I heard a car behind me wanting to pass so I thought I,d unclip stop and let em pass, except I done it the other way round, stopped couldn't unclip and just toppled over into the road, the two guys in the car were laughing so much they stalled the car. No damaged done other than to the ego!!

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Welcome to the club :wahhey:

Biker Joe

Über Member
Clipless are not for every one.
Some people just can't get on with them no mater how hard they try.

I think the answer is, once you're on the bike, don't stop for anything till you get back home and gently fall off into the garden hedge:laugh:.
I've seen it in pro racing. Yep. They ride a hundred miles or more. Some of them have clipless moments and fall off, breaking a collar bone or something. The rest carry on to the end and , as they cross the finish line helpful team members rush across and catch them before they fall off:stop: . I know, I've seen it:giggle:.
I think I should phone my OH before I get home so that she's waiting outside to catch me.:highfive:
All tongue in cheek of course^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think the answer is, once you're on the bike, don't stop for anything till you get back home and gently fall off into the garden hedge:laugh:.
I've seen it in pro racing. Yep. They ride a hundred miles or more. Some of them have clipless moments and fall off, breaking a collar bone or something. The rest carry on to the end and , as they cross the finish line helpful team members rush across and catch them before they fall off:stop: . I know, I've seen it:giggle:.
I think I should phone my OH before I get home so that she's waiting outside to catch me.:highfive:
All tongue in cheek of course^_^

Funny you say that as I do try and do my commute the whole way without unclipping. I haven't managed it yet.

Top Bottom