Clone Wars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

Went to see this with my son today. Anime style graphics set it apart from the recent, but disappointing films and was a lot better than I expected. Its supposed to be a precursor to a tv series planned in the near future. Might be worth a look if you are a star wars fan.

Maz

Guru
I'm a bit of a Star Wars fan (when Star Wars was called Star Wars, not Episode 4 as a lot of youngsters call it).

Where does the film fit in with the other episodes? Any idea?

quidditys_shore

Maz said:
I'm a bit of a Star Wars fan (when Star Wars was called Star Wars, not Episode 4 as a lot of youngsters call it).

its set between (you'll hate this!) episodes 2 & 3. its about the clone wars which were just starting at the end of 2 but were ending in 3.

bascally its episode 2.5!! LOL

Rob S

(
Maz said:

Listened to Mark Kermode's review of it today....he wasn't impressed.:biggrin:

The clip they aired had Anakin getting his own padawan to the surprise/annoyance of OWK (voiced by an actor doing an impression of EM doing an impression of what AG may have sounded like earlier in life ;))

Antony Daniels and Christopher Lee are in it....if that's a bonus!!??!!:biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Quidditys shore is right. The stuff is very important. I remember when episode 2 was made and there were great complaints about where the film ended and WTF was going to be included in episode 3 and pretty much all of those things turned out to be true, making episode 3 weaker than it should have been.

Maz

Guru
Hm. As a fan, I'll still go and see it, no doubt.

Speaking of Star Wars films, there's a great spoof called The Empire Stikes Backyard. They're an amateur outfit, but the film is energetically and lovingly done. I'm sure the actors are all huge fans of SW.

Mr Pig

Don't you think that some things are better 'not' milked to death?

I mean I know that the people who own the rights to these things are quite poor and need the money but can't they just get a job in Tesco or something and stop f****** up perfectly good movies?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Clone Wars is already a series - US I think - all animated ?

Shoot me down if not, but I thought this was well established in the US... the movie does look good (big fan 'ere)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
fossyant said:
Clone Wars is already a series - US I think - all animated ?

Shoot me down if not, but I thought this was well established in the US... the movie does look good (big fan 'ere)

Yeap, the other one was the one cartoon network did, but that was after the film of episode 2 came out. The new series is done by George himself and is airing sometime around now stateside.

As for McGregor not doing it, I think the biggest shame is McDiarmid not doing it.

col

Legendary Member
Im a big fan of the films,but when i heard it was a cartoon i lost the urge to see it im afraid,just doesnt seem to get my interest.

col said:
Im a big fan of the films,but when i heard it was a cartoon i lost the urge to see it im afraid,just doesnt seem to get my interest.

I lost interest before that. I was a huge fan of the originals and really enjoyed their release and whilst I was looking forward to the prequels I couldn't help being disappointed and lost interest in the franchise.

Top Bottom