Close call on A34 in Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peteoc

Coming up the A34 this morning, lovely weather and I had a moron try squeeze up the inside of me. At Cheadle Royal Business part the slip road appears on the left, I stay on the main part of the road until I can jump on the path on the right hand side of the slip road........better than staying on the slip road and trying to dodge traffic on the round about.

http://local.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&...Ha6Axb7H-F_byZr_yDDJFA&cbp=12,128.47,,0,29.23

A car came up the left hand side of me and they were that close to the kerb that their wheel scraped the kerb and they readjusted their steering and nearly clipped me :biggrin:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Phrrrrrp!

keep calm and carry on!

OP
OP
peteoc

peteoc

I was tempted to actually put some effort in going up the slip road to catch them up.....then I realised no matter what I would have said or done, it wouldn't have changed what happened and no doubt wouldn't have changed the drivers view.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Are you just crossing that junction ?

The A34 round there is a mare - not one I use. Also a nightmare near Stanley Green for bikes - they pull out on cars round there. Is the A5149 Cheadle Road near enough to use or the old Wilmslow Road (but you'd still have to cross the junction).

OP
OP
peteoc

peteoc

I come up the A34 to that slip road, I go up the slip road however it's a lot safer to stay on the main road until the hashes to then get onto the path on the right hand side of the slip road. Trying to navigate that RAB in the mornings is a joke..........wacky races!!

Top Bottom