Close pass and Operation Snap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The idea is not to prosecute all offenders. It is to educate them about the manner of their driving.

If you send a decent clip in and they think someone needs to be made aware of their manner of driving. Then that is up to the police to do that.

If the police then have to inform all the people who have sent clips in of the outcome. That is doubling their work load.

So report it and leave it. The outcome really means nothing to you. You have done your bit.

But there are instances of people submitting footage that for various reasons could not be used, despite the police wanting to do something about it.
You would want to be informed of these reasons so it did not happen again.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
But there are instances of people submitting footage that for various reasons could not be used, despite the police wanting to do something about it.
You would want to be informed of these reasons so it did not happen again.
I am just guessing. But I would imagine you submit the footage and that is the last you will hear of it.

Clear guidelines should be on their website as to what the footage should contain.

It varies from force to force.
Operation considerate which runs in Manchester seems to vary in itself. I have only had one video rejected, them informed me they did not think they would get a prosecution and explained why. All the others I have not heard anything.
A guy I know asks them what action they have taken if any. I am not really that bothered, I have done my part and I leave it up to them to deal with it as they see fit.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Have some faith in the fact that some people are not murderous barstewards on the roads and make genuine mistakes that education can help solve and some good can come out of someones efforts to upload situations and scenarios to be examined and scrutinised. We don't always need to be sure that drivers have X amount of points and £XXXX in fines when mistakes happen. At the end of the day taking a driving test today is vastly different to 20/30+ years ago and fatalities on our roads have dropped significantly and plateaued more recently. Either way, videos and technology certainly have helped improve driving and driving education and will continue to do so. For the more serious incidents, it is different, you'll likely end up in court giving evidence (if you are able) and you'll certainly see the justice system in action and it's conclusions...

Top Bottom