Clothing for the fuller figured lady

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

alasdairgf

Thanks for all the wonderful replies - food for thought. Mrs Alasdairgf also says thanks, and was rather tickled by the idea that 16 could be considered a 'plus' size ;-)

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Great thread.. as a plus sized lady (not sized 16 sadly) - appreciate the advice / links in here.

Batgirl

In Disguise!
I would suggest crop trousers with padded knickers and whatever t-shirt/top she is comfy in.

This is an old thread I've bumped up, but duly noted. :smile: I have 3/4 length / capri trousers was planning on wearing but will have to have a look for padded undies.. didn't know such a thing existed till I read this thread!

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Terry from the US have a few importers, or you can order from the US

They have a plus range which works well

You can allay the import costs if you buy the Closeout items

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Thanks - Will have a look around in the UK first cut down the carbon footprint etc, but fingers x'd can get stuff locally. Sports direct sell stuff for cycling so will have a look there while I'm in town. :smile:

Mummy3monkeys

I never knew there were padded undies either till I came across some earlier this week, interesting!!

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
My wife is in this situation she has some Aerotech padded 3/4's which are good although she doesn't like the pad off the bike. For general kit, the cheap not bike places (Trespass, Mountain Warehouse) go big, as do Pearl Izumi we've discovered. Also, again for general wear, M&S now have an 'active' range which includes un padded 3/4's which she likes and general tops that could be used as base layers and the like.

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Thanks :smile: It's great to know not all women are tiny too! Will have a look into brands you mentioned, M&S would be handy as local, not sure we have anywhere bike wise without travelling to a city or sports direct.

vickster

Legendary Member
Asda do good unpadded gym type lycra knee length / 3/4 length bottoms at the moment, similar to the M&S active range but rather cheaper (£10-12 for bottoms). They go up to a 20 or 22 I think

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Asda do good unpadded gym type lycra knee length / 3/4 length bottoms at the moment, similar to the M&S active range but rather cheaper (£10-12 for bottoms). They go up to a 20 or 22 I think
Thanks :smile: I've got some capri lengths from gym training for last few years so am riding in them. I'm about a size 18-20 depending on the range, my thing is that I'm a figure 8 in shape so big up top and one of those fat bottomed girls that Queen sang about! :laugh: Seriously though I do hope that cycling will slim me down.. I'd like the scale to shift but mostly my dress size to drop again, it's been hard accepting it increasing this last year but I wasn't well enough (I have bipolar) to regularly exercise. Am hoping I can get that sorted. :smile:

Top Bottom