Clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lb81

I saw my first Team Sky kit on the road

Yea. Coming back tired and filthy from my ride saturday got overtaken by a guy wearing team sky kit so clean and shiny must have been fresh from the packet that morning! Did look good though.

To the point of the OP i used to only ride mtb and always disliked the idea of lycra. Since getting in to road riding have been slowly converted and now wouldnt wear anything else. I even wear it on my mtb!

Just wear whatever feels comfortable...!

Alex11

I wear a normal cycling jersey obviously (no mental problems with wearing one of those), but I do struggle to wear lycra, mainly a psychological thing, so I wear a pair of cycling padded lycra shorts and then whip a casual pair of normal shorts over the top.

buddha

Veteran
On a leisure ride, commute - always lycra. It's comfortable.
Although, after having my bum pinched in Tesco:eek: , if I'm doing a big shop or going to the bank etc, I wear some Ronhill bikesters on top of padded bibs. I've just cut down a pair, to act as shorts, for what's left of summer too.

sabian92

Über Member
I wear black bib shorts and a black jersey and apart from 2 little kids laughing at me nobody has even looked. Comfy as anything and trust me once you wear it you will wonder how you did without it. I'm no slim Jim (16st, 5'11) but I don't really look like i'm falling out of it.

I will admit though I did wear shorts over the top for the first few rides until one day earlier in the year it was cooking on my way home from college, whipped the shorts off and nobody even batted an eye lid. I once borrowed a pair of bright red ones (mine were in the wash - forgot to wash them!) from my fiancee and sods law, I saw EVERYBODY i knew on my way home including people I went to school with, my dad (!) and several others who recognised me. Shame! :laugh: It's only a 3.5 mile ride as well, not worn them since. ^_^

I'd worn Lycra on stage in my band many times, although I toned down the look a LOT on my bike.

Not to be the pervert here, but is that your..... MC as it were? :eek:

Egon Belmontie