Clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bealz998

Hello all I ride with a tight thermal short sleeve tshirt and a wind proof jacket ,ad on my legs I just have the tight long trousers, I think I may need more clothing for the winter or is that enough?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is it enough? Only you can really tell.
We are all different and all feel the cold/warmth differently.

In the deep depths of winter I see people cycling with clothing as if there are undertaking an expedition to the frozen wastelands of Sibera and alternatively those that are wearing summer clothing.
Myself, I am somewhere in between.

OP
OP
Bealz998

Bealz998

Is it enough? Only you can really tell.
We are all different and all feel the cold/warmth differently.

In the deep depths of winter I see people cycling with clothing as if there are undertaking an expedition to the frozen wastelands of Sibera and alternatively those that are wearing summer clothing.
Myself, I am somewhere in between.

Okay thanks I think I will need to buy a jersey top to get that little but of warmth

redcard

Veteran
Hello all I ride with a tight thermal short sleeve tshirt and a wind proof jacket ,ad on my legs I just have the tight long trousers, I think I may need more clothing for the winter or is that enough?

That would probably be fine 9 days out of 10.

Get some decent full-finger gloves - windproof will probably do.
Get some toe covers or overshoes.
Get something to cover your ears -a hat from the pound shop will probably do.
Pack spare socks and you're ready for anything :bicycle:

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Only you can tell but bare in mind that you'll warm up as you ride so layers are always good as you can adjust accordingly.
Also as we move into the winter the weather changes quickly- what was a pleasant sunshine on your back on the way out quickly turns to driving rain in your face for the way home so it's all about being as flexible as you can.

Irishrich

Über Member
I haven't been out in less than 4C temps but at that level I wore bib tights, base layer and full sleeve wind proof top. I also had full fingered gloves and neoprene overshoes which kept my feet lovely and warm even in the wet. I would imagine that in temps less than this you would need a thermal top over the base layer but as winters are relatively mild in UK/Ireland I see no need to layer up to the extreme. It starts to get expensive buying full winter gear so don't be afraid to look in aldi / lidl for their kit as the stuff i bought has been very good. Also eBay as the chinese clothing is better than expected.

Top Bottom