Clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So what gear do you guys wear on long rides????

bibshorts?? tights?? shorts?? etc

jim55

Guru
depends on the weather ,,dont u think,,il tell u what ,,im always roasting on a bike so its shorts for me :thumbsup:

lip03

Über Member
just recently been trying to decide on waterproofs for my commute!? one minute it p***ing down then brilliant sunshine the next1 so annoying when you set off in the wet then ten mins in your melting grrrr

E11a

Tights and whatever T-shirt's at the top of the pile (I'm wearing them out before investing in some decent ones). I have a couple of Aldi jerseys too, for when it gets a bit colder. I seem to get oil on my clothes so don't wear anything too precious.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Depends on what i'm riding!
MummyBike, just about anyhting goes, from Altura baggies to a flowery dress, weather dictates!
Road bike, casual ride - My baggies & a casual jersey. Sportives or long distances, bibs shorts & club/event jersey

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Tights mainly or 3/4 tights, Cycling shorts rarely as it is never warm enough in the UK also I have my mums legs lol and Im a bloke. Nothing wrong with my mums legs like if your a female ! always bibbed

Bibbed shorts underneath tights or over the tights thiough

People that wear shorts are just hardcore

pepecat

Why thank you!:tongue:
I've never been called hardcore before! I wear shorts from about March ish onwards (to about Oct / Nov) depending on how cold it gets, and then i wear tights.

Bib shorts are my preference, but i've only got one pair so i wear them on longer weekend rides and use normal shorts for quick trips in the week. Bib tights would be nice, but i don't have the cash for them, so i wear normal ones. I have a padded pair which i hate (don't come far enough up my back) and a non padded pair which i stick padded shorts underneath.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
In all but the depths of winter it's baggy shorts for preference with padded boxers underneath for longer runs.  Having said that I think I'm going to go with tights for the Dunwich Dynamo.

<div><br></div><div>The top half is whatever cycling jersey I can find on my LBS sale rail or in Aldi, with a windproof on top of that if necessary.</div>

Top Bottom