Clubs and events?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevieb

Right im 17, never been in a cycling club, kinda wondering what there like, what happens etc. and just really want to be able to go out with people to cycle more or less whenever, because cycling on ones own is good, but with people is far better.
i live in somerset, near to Shepton and Wells, and am wondering if theres any decent clubs worth looking into joining around my area, also interested if there are many people my age who do cycling in clubs (dont think thats a naiive question :smile:)

Calum

Hi stevie

I'm 19 and a member of two cycling clubs, one in Leeds where i'm at uni and another in Bristol where I live. I'd really reccommend joining one! Going out on club runs is great fun and if you decide you want to, there's often the possibility to start racing. I don't know much about the clubs in the Wells area, but google will have the answer. Or, if you don't mind a train/car jouney, there's loads of good ones in Bristol. Oh, you might get more responses if you put this up in the cyclechat cafe or maybe in beginners, as they're more busy.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
:smile: Stevieb.

There are other alternatives to cluby club clubs out there but I hope you find out what you want. It's really what sort of a rider you are and what you want to get out of it in whether you'll get a lot out of a club. They suit some people, really don't suit others.

Top Bottom