England : Norfolk Clubs in Norwich

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
well, my first ride with Iceni was a total success (well, almost - had my first clipless moment....the shame!). Ill be signing up as a member.

The starter group was a little slow for me personally, but well organised and really good fun. All the members (well, the ones I spoke too) where are nice and chatty :smile:

e-rider

crappy member
well, my first ride with Iceni was a total success (well, almost - had my first clipless moment....the shame!). Ill be signing up as a member.

The starter group was a little slow for me personally, but well organised and really good fun. All the members (well, the ones I spoke too) where are nice and chatty :smile:
the slow group is very slow - I went with the middle group; and then the faster half of the middle group when it split into two - that pace suited me just fine.

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
the slow group is very slow - I went with the middle group; and then the faster half of the middle group when it split into two - that pace suited me just fine.

I think Ill give the middle group a go next week - maybe go middle group there, and if Its too fast take the slow group back :smile:

there was something of a break off of the slow group on the way back - me and four other guys decided to head back at full pelt. Two of the four guys usually cycle in the fast group so I was keen to see how well I could keep up. Out of the five of us I kept up with them the longest, but only managed to stay with them for about 4 miles before I had no more power in my legs. Good laugh though :smile:

Anyway - did you enjoy it, going to return?

e-rider

crappy member
I think Ill give the middle group a go next week - maybe go middle group there, and if Its too fast take the slow group back :smile:

there was something of a break off of the slow group on the way back - me and four other guys decided to head back at full pelt. Two of the four guys usually cycle in the fast group so I was keen to see how well I could keep up. Out of the five of us I kept up with them the longest, but only managed to stay with them for about 4 miles before I had no more power in my legs. Good laugh though :smile:

Anyway - did you enjoy it, going to return?

if I stay in Norwich I'll go out with them again - I'm busy next Sunday and have a job interview in Scotland week after that!

OP
OP
wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I've taken the plunge and joined Iceni Velo.

My first ride was an evening social ride lead by Bottlemsher,with a small group of friendly riders. I've also met up with a few riders at my first Audax at the weekend. They all seem like a really nice bunch ands I can recommend the club based on my experiences so far. I'll probably stick with the weekday eveing rides and maybe drag myself to some hill sessions too, if I'm feeling brave! I should really get myself to a proper Sunday club ride, but I like my bed too much, and it starts really early...

e-rider

crappy member
I've stopped riding with Iceni Velo as I can't afford the membership being unemployed - after 5 rides I thought it was a bit cheeky to keep riding with them and not pay! One of the ride organisers even started asking me difficult questions about whether I'd joined up or not!

I'm back to riding on my own, but if I get a job..... I'll sign up

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I've stopped riding with Iceni Velo as I can't afford the membership being unemployed - after 5 rides I thought it was a bit cheeky to keep riding with them and not pay! One of the ride organisers even started asking me difficult questions about whether I'd joined up or not!

I'm back to riding on my own, but if I get a job..... I'll sign up

Good luck in the job hunting - you might like to look at www.cyclingbuddy.com

OP
OP
wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
It's all here > http://www.icenivelo.co.uk/join-us/ (£20/yr)

Top Bottom