C'mon hands Up who left their steed at home today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Edge705

Edge705

Disaster - bananas ruined !

Correct a cyclists best friend reduced to a pulp but where there's disaster there's always light at the end of the tunnell its just the excuse I needed to treat meeself to a slice of almond cake from the canteen Ive been eyeing the beggar up all week :thumbsup:

Sheepy1209

Veteran
Correct a cyclists best friend reduced to a pulp but where there's disaster there's always light at the end of the tunnell its just the excuse I needed to treat meeself to a slice of almond cake from the canteen Ive been eyeing the beggar up all week :thumbsup:

You need a Bananaguard - might have to be a pink one though judging by the stock levels!

Don't envy you going over Ballam - one option for me is North Houses Lane, but I won't even drive down there never mind cycle - the fact the first thing many drivers do is fold in their mirrors tells me all I need to know.

Is it Lytham you commute to?

Not me...I ended up going to the prinrters, picking up a banner, delivering it to our other depot, then cycling to the office - typical the errand-running was today

My backside is still damp - I think I might fix some plastic inside the mesh seat of the trike

And I **NEED** a rear mudguard - not so bothered about the fronts for now but I had to wash my hair in the hand basin in the loos (no showers here) and the stuff that ran down the plughole was black! Off to buy a pair of normal 20" guards today, I reckon I can fit the rear one okay with a little homebrewing where it would normally mount on the bridge between the seat stays on a normal bike

ACS

Legendary Member
Don't think we have had a day this week on the coast of NE Fife where the wind speed has been below 20mph so another couple of mph is not goin to make a bit of difference.

Currently 26 gusting 31

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Rather enjoyed the cycle home yesterday in the pouring rain. Everything clean and dry for this morning except my cycling shoes. With damp shoes and a biting wind my feet were frozen by the time I got to work today. Bloody painfull in the shower when your toes are frozen. Time to dig out the overshoes I think.

OP
OP
Edge705

Edge705

You need a Bananaguard - might have to be a pink one though judging by the stock levels!

Don't envy you going over Ballam - one option for me is North Houses Lane, but I won't even drive down there never mind cycle - the fact the first thing many drivers do is fold in their mirrors tells me all I need to know.

Is it Lytham you commute to?

Yes Lytham - Not too many options Im afraid for me its either the prom or back roads Im not one for traffic ie: coming through Blackpool cant stand the stopping and starting and the exhaust fumes - I always go home Ballam way but rarely coming as the road up to singleton crossroads in the morn can be another nightmare.

Proms by far the best option for me in the morn relatively quiet and plenty of room for traffic to pass unfortunately the same could not be said of evening time hence why the ballam route is more preferred - Ironically the route going home over Ballam is better in that the side of the road does not fall away into the field unlike coming the opposite way and its that dip where the tarmac finishes and the field starts which caused me to come a cropper this morning - TF no car was behind me when I went down :tongue:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I dont mind riding in the wind but today was just awful. I had to go to the LBS to get a new inner tube as I had a slow puncture and It took me twice as long to get there than to come back.
http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m562/monkeysnutscom/Videos/?action=view¤t=Atriptothecycleshop.mp4

D

Deleted member 1258

Going to work this morning wasn't bad, but the ride home was a slog, normal 25 minute commute took 30 minutes and I was working far harder than I wanted to.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Not fun today, I had a 45mph cross wind trying to put me in a ditch for half of my ride home. It's the sort of day that makes me thankful for low touring gears :smile:

Jezston

Über Member
I'm on gardening leave type thing at the moment ('discretionary rest time' they call it - compensation for not getting paid overtime. Can't actually go on holiday though) so seem to have been avoiding it.

However, yesterday rode out to a friends house, wearing casual clothes. Bit cold and windy but otherwise sunny. At least that's how it looked from my west-facing flat. To the east, unbeknownst to me an angry dark cloud had assembled. 10 minutes into my ride it started wrecking it down, and there's me wearing jeans and a hoodie, and no mudgards fitted. 5 minutes later, for the first time in 8 months, I get a puncture.

Had to walk the last half mile carrying my bike, wearing jeans and wooly top in bastard rain and wind. Guh. The things I do for a pretty lady.

Top Bottom