CO2 Gas inflators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
But when used, they're finished?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I bought one to take with me while timetrialling, although now it is possible to buy a minipump that'll fit in a jersey pocket without sticking out too far. Not sure whether they'd fit in a skinsuit pocket tho'.

robgul

Legendary Member
... looks like some of the posters haven't tried them .... they are a QUICK FIX as I intimated in my post

I would be the first to admit they aren't very green (you just chuck away the steel canister) BUT they do have a place in cycling.

Rob

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Laziness? Totally, but it's great not having to pump away in the winter cold, and instead take just a few seconds to get a full tyre after fixing a p&%^$£4.

byegad

Legendary Member
I have 6 different CO2 systems, one on each bike, and they all allow you to part use a cartridge and save the rest for next time. The all have different methods of use (I know I should have stuck to one kind but I bought them at odd times as I saw one for sale.)
Have a good look at the instructions.
I have one where you screw the cylinder into the nozzle and then unscrew it a little to fill the tyre and screw it tight onto the nozzle to stop it! Others have different button/valve arrangements to allow controlled inflation.

Mortiroloboy

I purchased an Innovations c02 inflator last summer, with 4 x 16grm cannisters. for my Wilier because I didn't want to spoil the lines of my best bike with a frame pump, so far I have never used it, I tend to rely on a frame pump on my winter bike though.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Being a newbie, and probably a bit thick, I don't quite get the CO2 idea for general use. I have a normal size pump on my frame, on a cold, wet night I'd imagine it would warm you up a bit before recommencing your ride:biggrin:

I suppose if you're stripped down, shaved legs and trying to do a time trial type thing, there is an arguable case. Afraid for the rest I fall into the laziness camp, or maybe, being a Scot, it's just the fact that air is free but CO2 isn't:evil:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
On many modern frames it is very difficult to fit a full size pump. Co2 is cheap enough and those of us who use it do so in preference to standing round in the rain and wind trying to operate a mini pump with frozen hands.

Chrisz

Über Member
User259iroloboy said:
Cows, sheep and piggies blowing off is what's doin' the planet in, (apparently)not a few lazy b*st*rd cyclists' puffing C02 into their tyres.;):laugh:

I thought it was ALL down to nasty, horrible, evil, speeding, smelly cars :becool:

:laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom