CO2 inflator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Carey

After a disaster with a mini pump on Sunday I feel the time has come to purchase some co2 cartridges. My question is do all cartridges need an adaptor to fit onto the valve or can you get ones which fit directly onto the valve?

Does anyone have any suggestions on which ones are the best?

young Ed

Veteran
no suggestions as to which one but i have never heard of a cartridge that goes straight on valve but almost want to be proven wrong
Cheers Ed

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
And no matter how good your inflator is your best to carry a mini pump as well at the very least as you never can tell if your going to get more flats than you have cartridges, whether you accidentally use one up when not connected right etc etc .
On the weekender i carry a weldite inflator and a topeak pocket rocket mini pump .

young Ed

Veteran
And no matter how good your inflator is your best to carry a mini pump as well at the very least as you never can tell if your going to get more flats than you have cartridges, whether you accidentally use one up when not connected right etc etc .
On the weekender i carry a weldite inflator and a topeak pocket rocket mini pump .
lezyne micro drive i think it is called is meant to be good and is rather popular
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
alternative is to run 38c tyres like me and you are almost guaranteed to never get a puncture
now i better carry the patches tomorrow!
Cheers Ed

cyberknight

lezyne micro drive i think it is called is meant to be good and is rather popular
Cheers Ed
?

cyberknight

I was at a maintenance session on Saturday and the leader said to always put a bit of air in with a pump before using a CO2 canister in case the tube is pinched as it will go with a massive bang if it is.
+1 i always do that as well .
For the commuter i carry a topeak road morph in the panniers as its like a mini track pump but its a bit big for my liking on the nice bike .

buggi

Bird Saviour
i only carry cartridges. If i run out, i call the mother ship.

if you do have to use them, when you get home you need to let the co2 out and put normal air back in. Co2 is thinner than air and will seep out over 48 hours. I thought i had another flat the next day. Changed the tube, then someone told me! LOL

buggi

Bird Saviour
+1 i always do that as well .
For the commuter i carry a topeak road morph in the panniers as its like a mini track pump but its a bit big for my liking on the nice bike .
my adapter has a trigger so you can put a little bit in first. It doesn't all go in in one go

cyberknight

i only carry cartridges. If i run out, i call the mother ship.

if you do have to use them, when you get home you need to let the co2 out and put normal air back in. Co2 is thinner than air and will seep out over 48 hours. I thought i had another flat the next day. Changed the tube, then someone told me! LOL
Dont think swmbo would be amused if i called her on the way home from nights and she wont drive roads she does not know , even goes out of her way to avoid certain roads locally .Once she had a panic attack when driving on a dual carriageway .

Top Bottom