Co2 inflators /cylinders...which one??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Simly donut question>>

Which co2 system are you using for standard road tyre valves? I see a couple out there .just wondered if soe were more reliable than others?
Or is it all much of a muchness?
Ta.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Much of a muchness I think; the cylinder delivers its contents in about 2 seconds flat so if you haven't got the tyre and tube sorted out right you're walking! What I mean is that I haven't seen a delivery system that can regulate the flow finely enough to give you time to check the bead is seated and the tube not trapped although my experience is limited to two types only. The benefits are speed and pressure, you can achieve 100 psi or more with no effort.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Good points....I've never used them...I would rather not carry a pump if avoidable but listening that I'm thinking out here I will still need to...its less likely go go pear shaped lol!

Cheers.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
to check the bead is seated and the tube not trapped

i use this
CO2pump_zpscf36d0b6.jpg
few pumps into the tube before inserting into tyre
few more once tyre fitted to see tube not trapped
then zap to 90psi

deflate when home and refill with air [track pump] cos CO2 will leak

DWiggy

Über Member
I swear by them, saves so much time and effort, just make sure the tube is in untwisted and your done.
I use the threaded canisters with a £5 attachment, screw the canister tight into inflator, un-screw valve on the tube, put over and un-twist and the tube inflates in seconds, job done. 1 x 16gm co2 gets you to about 100psi (use the whole canister on one tube)
You don't need to spend much more than a fiver for the inflator.
I get my CO2 from here http://www.co2cartridges.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=256&category=303

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I picked up a Zefal inflater from Decathlon for less than £10 with two cannisters. As others have said 0 to 100 in about a second. Just check tube isnt pinched before letting go.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a Meqix machined aluminium one looks cool and works fine.

1372123927676m0.jpg

D

Deleted member 23692

A tyre inflated by CO2 canister will be flat within 2-3days.
What a load cod. I've used CO2 on numerous occasions and the tyre deflates no quicker that using 'off the shelf' air - a 16g CO2 cartridge inflates my 23mm tyres to 100psi which is the same as I run them at when inflating with a track pump.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
What a load cod. I've used CO2 on numerous occasions and the tyre deflates no quicker that using 'off the shelf' air - a 16g CO2 cartridge inflates my 23mm tyres to 100psi which is the same as I run them at when inflating with a track pump.
Yes - no need to let all that nasty CO2 out, just top up the tyre with your track pump as and when it needs it. The tyre will lose pressure a bit quicker than usual but it is no big deal. If you get one of the tiny CO2 chucks make sure you get a foam rubber sleeve for the cartridge, or wear gloves when you use it. The cylinder gets seriously painfully freezing cold in use.

Everyone else suffers. 3-6 days depending upon the quality of inner tube. You must be special in some way. Did you read the science bit in the link?

Top Bottom