CO2 Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wbmkk

Veteran
Thinking about getting one of those wee CO2 pumps to carry out with me on trips ... to save the bother of bringing the pump, should i have a puncture.

Also, having a road bike, many normal portable pumps are not too good (I have a track pump at home)

A couple of questions ..

Are these CO2 pumps any good ?

Any recommended brand ?

What pressure do they pump up to ?

thanks !

Fozz

you can get a combo pump,one you can CO2 and manual........that way if you`re unlucky it wont matter if your gas runs out

personally, i`d keep it simple. A plain pump is straight forward to use

I`ve got a co2 pump unde the seat of my motorbike in at least 5 years i`ve never even looked at it.....:wacko:

som3blok3

Thinking about getting one of those wee CO2 pumps to carry out with me on trips ... to save the bother of bringing the pump, should i have a puncture.

Also, having a road bike, many normal portable pumps are not too good (I have a track pump at home)

A couple of questions ..

Are these CO2 pumps any good ?

Any recommended brand ?

What pressure do they pump up to ?

thanks !

I can personally recommend the 'Proflate 16'.

I was carrying one for a few months without having to use it and in the end was almost tempted to puncture the tyre on purpose just to give it a go. I was actually happy to open the shed a few weeks ago and find my back tyre flat, I'm a bit odd!!!

It didn't disappoint, inflated almost instantly. When I got to work and checked it on the track pump it was only 5psi short of my 120psi normal preasure.

Also, the cartridges are cheaper because they're threadless.

Hope this helps!

Holdsworth

Über Member
How about a Topeak Road Morph with Gauge?

I like my Road Morph pump, I got the one with the gauge from my LBS for £30. I hadn't had much luck with mini pumps in the past, they were hard impossible to get up to 100psi+ on road tyres and the special feature of the RM was the deal clincher. The little fold out foot and rotating handle makes it a mini track pump and is a piece of p*** to get upto 120psi at the side of the road, perfect
biggrin.gif

Not to heavy or bulky either, it comes with a mounting bracket with a velcro strap to hold the pump in place securely. It can be attached to bottle cage bosses or cable-tied around any part of the frame (usually top tube or down tube though)

killiekosmos

Veteran
I've tried two variants. The cheapest uses threaded canisters and just has a trigger valve which screws on top. The other is a combo pump from Halfords which takes unthreaded canisters but lets you pump up manually too. Both work well. I always carry a spare cartridge too. A canister gets my 23x700 tyres inflated very solid. One of these, plus spare cylinder, spare tube, a few patches and tyre levers provides a (hopefully) belt and braces solution.

jethro10

Über Member
This one from Edinburgh Cycles is mine
http://www.edinburgh...derID=-1&f_bct=

My wife has one that just pushes onto the valve and the harder you push against the spring, the faster the gas comes out.
I don't like the lack of control.
The one above, screws onto your valve, and then you can unscrew the air gas outlet and control the flow very accurately.

I'd recommend a screw on one, with a screw tap/valve like the Edinburgh one.

jeff

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I can personally recommend the 'Proflate 16'.

I was carrying one for a few months without having to use it and in the end was almost tempted to puncture the tyre on purpose just to give it a go. I was actually happy to open the shed a few weeks ago and find my back tyre flat, I'm a bit odd!!!

It didn't disappoint, inflated almost instantly. When I got to work and checked it on the track pump it was only 5psi short of my 120psi normal preasure.

Also, the cartridges are cheaper because they're threadless.

Hope this helps!

It's the same one that I have.. great piece of kit. Highly recommended.

Top Bottom