CO2 pumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rollinstok

co2 does make life much easier
like ianrauk, I always put a little air in the tube with a normal pump ( a blackburn sl ministick which is tiny )
the only problem I ever had was a cartridge wasted when a stubborn tube refused to open up and accept the co2.. since I started using the ministick first there has never been any more problems, plus the little air from the ministick makes it easier to fit the tube before giving a blast from the co2

endoman

I do the initial inflate by blowing in the valve, fit tyre, then a dab of CO2 to check it's all seated, then release the rest as slowly as I can. The cylinders came with a little neoprene cover which helps with the temp drop.

Berties

Fast and careful!
I have got a innovation proflate elite and works well flat tube to full in seconds small enough to go in jersey rear pocket,i am very impressed:thumbsup:

Rhys Williams

Regular
I always carry one as I only seem to get punctures when it's cold and dark, I fitted a second bottle holder to my commuter and i have a drinks bottle in which I keep a spare tube, co2 pump, patches, spare co2 cylinder the all fit in an old trainer sock to stop them rattling round. All the bits stay dry and the bottle is easily transferred to my other bikes if I need it!

stu1903

Über Member
I have had several CO2 systems now including the Topeak Cobra and never got on with any of them until I discovered the Lezyne Road Drive Pump Unlike other CO2 systems I've used this one has never leaked any CO2 while inflating as the valve screws onto the inner tube valve.

This unit also doubles up as a hand pump so you have the best of both worlds.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
I have ordered the PDW co2 pump head which has a control knob to regulate flow - I'll let you all know how I get on with it.

And before you all wonder why I chose to spend so much money on this one, it was becasue I had a £5 off voucher which made it a similar price to all the others!

Playpen

No problems in using my M:Part Co2 inflator (from Edinburgh Coop). Nice to have a regulator on it tho'.

Even let another cyclist use it after his pump wasn't up to the job and no problems with my recent visits from the P------e Fairy.

Top Bottom