CO2 pumps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Has anyone any remarks to make about CO2 pumps. I am thinking of buying some threaded 16g cartridges and a pump. Are they worth it, or is a good framepump just as good?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I carry a Co2 pump and a mini pump. Both fit in the saddle pack, a 16 gram cartridge is enough to get over 100psi into a road tyre in seconds and the mini is an emergency backup, even though I also carry two spare cartridges.

Frame pumps are good, but harder to fit on compact frames and need to be fitted under the top tube if you use two bottle cages, where they are gauranteed to scratch the frame and rattle like buggery.

Monty Dog

For dependability you'll need a frame-fit pump. I've seen people blow two cartridges of gas and still have a flat tyre! I carry gas for emergency situations in races, but carry a frame-fit pump most of the time.

longers

Legendary Member
I got one a few weeks ago to take on my little tour. I knew I couldn't get req pressure with my minipump if I had one at the back and with full panniers I didn't fancy getting snakebite every 5 miles.

It was great. Only had to use it once but it now goes everywhere with me.

derosa

Smokin Joe said:
I carry a Co2 pump and a mini pump. Both fit in the saddle pack, a 16 gram cartridge is enough to get over 100psi into a road tyre in seconds and the mini is an emergency backup, even though I also carry two spare cartridges.

Hey Joe!
I'm a roadie looking to buy a Co2 jobbie - which model Co2 inflator have you got?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
derosa said:
Smokin Joe said:

Hey Joe!
I'm a roadie looking to buy a Co2 jobbie - which model Co2 inflator have you got?
I've got no idea, it is unbranded and cost about a tenner in my LBS, but when I needed it it did the business.

For cracking deals on inflators and cartridges, go here -

http://www.tyreinflators.co.uk/shop/

OP
OP
Paulus

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Cheers for the replies guys.

fuzzy29

I have used a C02 inflator for a couple of years. On the few occasions I have had to use it, it has worked fine. Just remember to re-inflate your tyres with normal air when you get home as the C02 will go flat.

Tom B

Guru
I think there is a place in the market for a H shaped bit of plastic that would sit under a bottle holder and hold a spare co2 can on one side and a co2 bottle with inflator on the other side.

Top Bottom