Coaching Rugby on Ice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugo15

Über Member
Reminds me of one new years eve a few years ago when we went to Whitby to play rugby. I was absolutely freezing to start with, but every 10 minutes or so a hail shower would sweep in off the North Sea. Stood in the middle of a field in a pair of shorts is not a good idea when hail is failing. I can still feel the pain now!!!! Don't think I have ever been so cold.

User1314 said:
HOW cold this morning?

I do Rugby Coaching for U-7s / U-6s on Sunday Mornings.

Out on pitch at 9.55. 24 brave kids turned up.

Took the brave kids back into Clubhouse at 10.30 and fed them pasta, hot dogs and hot chocolate. 30 mins of wet windy freezing sleet on mud more then enough - anymore they would have turned into blocks of ice.

Who said kids today have no character!

Great stuff, you sound like my old Welsh rugby coach!

Cymru!

Willow

DS2 had opportunity to play football for older brothers team today (registered but usually playing Rugby) ex said no he had to do rugby so I had to put up with major cry and feet slamming. Anyway half an hour drive to find the rugby match was off so drove back in the other direction for an hour to get him to the football match where upon he played a full match with them. so everyone was happy in the end though I feel like I have been driving around the county most the morning.

you are right though weather was foul, DS1 who plays in goal had 3 pairs of shorts, plus goal keeping trousers on, 3 goalkeeping jumpers a vest top and a thermal top. suprised he could move!

Top Bottom