Coast to Coast on Single Speed Genesis Day One. Is it possible ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

braaivleis2003

Hi all, having just recently purchased my Genesis Day One Disc and selling my mountain bike the lads at work are planning to do the coast to coast possibly next year over 4/5 days and they have mountain bikes. Would it be at all possible to do it with my Day One. Have any of you completed it on a single speed ? Distance I don't think will be a problem as yesterday went for my first long ride 31 miles including some tough hills but managed ok in just over 2 hours. Or would the terrain not be suitable. Cheers and looking forward to your replies.
IMG_20150730_184222.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Never done it on a single speed. But I'd say once you're over the "hump", it shouldn't be a problem.

OP
OP
braaivleis2003

braaivleis2003

Thanks guys, some useful info. I've never done anything like this before but really up for the challenge and even more so if I can do it on a SS.

D

Deleted member 23692

I wouldn't bother using the Cumbrian off-road sections mentioned in the link above than Whinlatter bit. Even though they are on the C2C they aren't maintained for cycles and even MTB with decent riders will struggle and will no doubt end up walking for for good chunks of it.

Stick to the roads/blacktop and all you'll have to contend with is some long climbs.. Whether you could do that on a singlespeed is up to you to decide, I know I couldn't

Top Bottom