Coast to Coast.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did this years ago Morecombe to Hull. Any other experiences and routes to share. My own memories :- Fell off on a wet cattle grid in Trough of Bowland and I was called a "stupid pilchard" in Hull. I think it is some sort of term of endearment in Hull. Hoping to do C-C next spring.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've ridden the original C2C, Whitehaven to Sunderland, and The Way of the Roses, Morecambe to Bridlington. Both are great routes which I thoroughly enjoyed. I think the C2C just nudged it for me.

My one tip would be don't have night in Bridlington, ride up the coast to Scarborough a much nicer town to stop in.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The Way of the Roses, Morecambe to Bridlington is the first I did. Beautiful scenery but it comes at a price - hills. Lots of 'em. Plenty of campsites more or less along the route.
True plenty of hills but after Pateley Bridge things begin to get gentler across the York plain and then of course there are the beautiful rolling roads of the Yorkshire Wolds.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Whitehaven to Tynemouth in 2009... four of us. It was fantastic to lose track of place and time just riding with friends for 3 days. Whinlater, Hartside, Garrigill and Stanhope were the highlights for the sense of achievement.

The sense of loss when we finished stayed with me for days afterwards... doing it on our tandem next year, C-19 permitting.

Top Bottom