Cocodamol ..i feel high :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Every now and then my leg/hip gets very painful so I have a couple of pills at night but not Cocodamol, I've got some straight Dihydrocodeine..........................................They hit the spot.

Oh and a nugget of advice in order to avoid getting bunged up. When you feel the 'urge' to go do not wait a bit cos you're busy or watching telly etc. toddle off to the loo ASAP.

Back in the 80's as a budding surgeon we used dihydrcodeine tartrate (DF 118) pretty much like ibuprofen nowadays!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Back in the 80's as a budding surgeon we used dihydrcodeine tartrate (DF 118) pretty much like ibuprofen nowadays!
Yep. it was the standard painkiller when I first broke a collarbone back then, one of those and a couple of beers propped up in my chair with the stereo on was a nice way to spend a month. :becool:

I floated down a mountain on codydranol.
Codydramol did funny things to me. The worst was when I was lying on my back on the floor. I had a sensation of moving like a caterpillar, it got faster and faster until it suddenly stopped, l though I was jammed between the sofa and a chair, but when all became clear again it hadn't moved. I suppose it did distract me from my back pain for a little while.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Codydramol did funny things to me. The worst was when I was lying on my back on the floor. I had a sensation of moving like a caterpillar, it got faster and faster until it suddenly stopped, l though I was jammed between the sofa and a chair, but when all became clear again it hadn't moved. I suppose it did distract me from my back pain for a little while.
Sounds like what is technically known as a 'rush', not that I'd know anything about getting one ya know. :whistle:

All uphill

Still rolling along
That's interesting - I find it has no psychoactive effect but it hits my mrs quite hard and she avoids it as a result. I know of two older folks who are essentially addicted to it; thankfully we're still a lot more sensible with our opioid prescription over here than in the states though...

As a typically anxious person my favourite prescription drug has to be the diazapam I was given briefly for neck pain - absolutely wonderful for taking the edge off horrible mornings in the job I had at the time which I hated / was crap at.
I had that with diazepam and tamazapan, as an anxious person too.

I still wonder if that is how non-anxious people feel day to day. Lucky beggars if so. 😛

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I used to pop codeine regular after I bike my spine. Fortunately I rarely need it now, so standard over the counter dose is enough these days.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I took co-codamol when I broke my collar bone but it constipated me and gave me a devastating downer so I stopped it and just relied on paracetamol, which works well if you take it properly.

Top Bottom