Coconut oil recipes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I’ve heard this oil is brilliant for cooking.
Who uses it in their cooking? What do you make? Does it matter where you buy it from?
Feel free to add recipes.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
It's packed with saturated fat , basically it's vegan lard, and fries thinks well. I used to see it sold as a superfood, briefly, at silly prices but I've not seen it on the local shelves much since.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
It's packed with saturated fat , basically it's vegan lard, and fries thinks well. I used to see it sold as a superfood, briefly, at silly prices but I've not seen it on the local shelves much since.
Well it’s a big no no then. Leave it to the vegans.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Tastes ok but it's basically saturated fat. Healthier fats are available :okay:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Was looking to make healthier flapjacks and use coconut oil in place of butter as instructed by a recipe.

Lets just say i ended up giving that entire batch away and never using the recipe again... Utterly revolting stuff

This is the one that i used from Asda:

l3&fmt=jpg&dpr=off&fit=constrain,1&wid=256&hei=256.jpg

It gave the flapjacks this really sharp synthetic aroma and the texture of the flapjacks was disgusting, Nevermind the after taste! 🤮🤮

I switched to using vegan butter made by Flora for flapjacks and oatmeal cookies. Not as healthy as coconut oil but at least doesnt make my flapjacks disgusting.

Im sure there are other ways to use it where the aroma and sickening aftertaste wont be as noticeable but this coconut oil proper ruined me and i cant even use it on my skin because it dries it out.

throw it in the bin! 🤮🤮🤮

Top Bottom