Codeine addiction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
It doesn't have that effect on me, but does help with sleep :smile: usually stick to one, but have had 2. Got a friend who has been taking 6 a day for donkeys. Able function as gets her through the pain. Very gippy knee and is a hairdresser, so on feet all day!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ended up in A&E with pain today. Docs sent me away saying take 60mg codeine 1000mg paracetamol and 400g ibuprofen 4 times a day. I said you can't take that amount of crap without problems. Doc just shrugged.

Got pain clinic this week, but the doc suggested fentanyl patches. Just checked them out and no way. Heat increases released dose. Just imagine what riding will be like. Seriously going to push for nerve blocks or removal. Seems the male docs won't even consider the chop.

They seem happy to prescribe class C drugs.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was given ami and gabba when my shoulder was bad and they mess with your head. Eventually got to the problem which was fixed by trigger point injections.

Really don't want medication that affects the whole body for a small painful area. It just seems stupid.

Likely I won't be in work with currect pain killers for next couple of days

vickster

Legendary Member
having been on the fentanyl patches 50 micro grammes anhour for the past two years, along with gabbapentin and amitriptyline, i can say one thing to you @fossyant, WISE DECISION YOU MADE THERE. and i mean that seriously.
If it's a concentrated area of pain, might a local anaesthetic lidocaine patch help? Ice is often helpful too. Are these the gentleman bits, if so ice may or may not be a good idea!

its not my gentleman bits,my problem is spinal, i tried lidocaine patches , didnt do anything for me at all, allthough i know a couple of people who have had fantastic results with them ,

ive got a mental vision of someone trying to stick a bloody big lidocaine patch on their wedding tackle now :stop:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Tramadol is the king of space cadet prescription painkillers. I'd be scared to take that for more than a day!
The choice of the discerning pro cyclist apparently
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...sics-crashes-says-lotto-belisol-doctor-119652
I have taken co-codamol once for maybe 8-9 days and felt like absolute rowlocks when i stopped so feck knows what its like trying to stop after an extended period .

byegad

Legendary Member
Long term prescription Cocodamol taker here, I have Tramadol too and try to take both day and day about. Both can be addictive, but with a worn knee I either take something or don't ride or walk for more than a few minutes before I'm in enough pain to stop me going on. I'm 'too young' for a replacement (About the only thing I'm too young for these days!) so I either sit at home piling on weight, or take the tablets and keep active.

vickster

Legendary Member
You take both tramadol and codeine. You may want to check with your doctor as I think they are contraindicated together or least an unwise combination!

Top Bottom