Coffee Bags?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
A question for the aeropress owners on here, can it produce an espresso to rival something from a bean to cup machine?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I use the coffee bags at work & they are ok. Taylors Hot Java are my personal fave, but the new Nescafe Azera Americano ones are ok too & have been on offer at Tesco a few times :okay: Work out about 25p each which is cheaper than the shite that comes out of most coffee machines in messrooms I use. If I'm away, I usually take them to drink in hotel rooms too, can't remember the last time I had instant coffee

si_c

Guru
A question for the aeropress owners on here, can it produce an espresso to rival something from a bean to cup machine?
It doesn't produce an espresso, not really. But in my opinion tastes much better. And far better than one of the horrible pod things or instant.

DRM

Guru
I use the coffee bags at work & they are ok. Taylors Hot Java are my personal fave, but the new Nescafe Azera Americano ones are ok too & have been on offer at Tesco a few times :okay: Work out about 25p each which is cheaper than the shite that comes out of most coffee machines in messrooms I use. If I'm away, I usually take them to drink in hotel rooms too, can't remember the last time I had instant coffee
me too make a Taylor’s coffee up and take it to work in the thermos

OP
OP
Tenkaykev

Tenkaykev

Guru
It does seem like a lot of effort.
You’re over complicating your life for a cup of coffee, and it’s only for a couple of days. Just use instant like 99% of people would in a hotel room.

I'd normally agree with you, nowt wrong with Instant. When I was on the tools I'd get through at least 8 -10 mugs of Nescafe on a shift.

I'm talking about spending a week away. Ideally I'd like to roll out of bed and put a decent brew on. I'm happy to use local coffee shops during the day.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I suppose the easiest solution would be to take a Cafetière and use the kettle in the Hotel room to make a brew
I wouldn't use a hotel kettle under any circumstances!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/9685340/knickers-boiled-hotel-kettle-photo/

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Talking of coffee though, we know that an Americano is a shot of espresso topped up with hot water but whilst in Spain this year I got a variation of it. Basically they popped the handle thingy on the machine as if to pour an espresso and then just let it keep going until it filled a small cup about twice the size. I was a bit dubious but when I tasted it - wow! The. Best.Coffee. Ever!

Back home the closest I've got is a Nespresso machine using Lungo pods. Great coffee, no mess or fuss and I love the 1/4 inch of crema.

Top Bottom