Coffee Bags?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
We're away " Oop North " for Christmas visiting family. Due to lack of space at our Daughters we'll be staying at a Hotel.
At home we have recently switched to a Mellita percolator which we are really pleased with and have been trying out different coffee blends.
It was whilst looking at all the Coffee on display, various Pods / capsules etc that I spotted some coffee bags and wondered if anyone had any experience of them?

I suppose the easiest solution would be to take a Cafetière and use the kettle in the Hotel room to make a brew

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are ok. I've used then when camping.

Yup, they have plastic, there's no way pure paper can survive under those conditions.

Coffee bags have a time and place, and they're great. They don't create the usual mess when you're cleaning a French press in a small hotel room basin. You can also chuck them in a thermos and serve from there, hours later.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I can't be bothered with all the processes required to make a 'proper' cup of coffee so we just use "Nescafe Espresso" powdered coffee- with a bit of warmed milk per mug in the microwave- and a generous heaped teaspoon in each mug followed by boiled water. It gets a nice crema layer on top and tastes good enough to me- or just put cold milk in first before the powder.

si_c

Guru
Aeropress every time when not at home. I have one in the office and one at home for travel.

OP
OP
Tenkaykev

Tenkaykev

Guru
Ah, aeropress, I'd forgotten about them. Are they a faff cos I'm a bit of a clumsy clod.
Many thanks to you all, I'll investigate further

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I can't be bothered with all the processes required to make a 'proper' cup of coffee so we just use "Nescafe Espresso" powdered coffee- with a bit of warmed milk per mug in the microwave- and a generous heaped teaspoon in each mug followed by boiled water. It gets a nice crema layer on top and tastes good enough to me- or just put cold milk in first before the powder.
It does seem like a lot of effort.
You’re over complicating your life for a cup of coffee, and it’s only for a couple of days. Just use instant like 99% of people would in a hotel room.

Top Bottom