Recommend me a coffee grinder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Having bought and returned a hand powered coffee grinder from Aldi... I'm now left with a bag of beans.

I could grind them one by one using a hammer, which would have been quicker than using the hand powered coffee grinder from Aldi, but I'd like my freshly ground coffee a little sooner than that.

:smile:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you haven’t got a blender then buy one that comes with a coffee grinder attachment.

Alternatively get a coffee making machine which incorporates a grinder.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
When the switch on my Krups fell apart about 6 months ago I bought a Sboly, which is much better, with proper conical burrs.
Very satisfied with it so far. This one is branded Cooze (sounds rude!) but looks to be the same model.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Adjustable-Settings-Electric-Percolator/dp/B09S5T7GB3/ref=sr_1_5?adgrpid=1173179805146081&hvadid=73323944074292&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=132793&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-73323874982647%3Aloc-188&hydadcr=19146_2225575&keywords=sboly+coffee+grinder&qid=1648376046&sr=8-5

The switch weakness on the Krups is a common failure point, and a shoddy design. Mine can probably be got back into working order with a bit of appropriate plastic and some ingenuity when I can be bothered, but it's an inferior design - not proper burrs!

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
When the switch on my Krups fell apart about 6 months ago I bought a Sboly, which is much better, with proper conical burrs.
Very satisfied with it so far. This one is branded Cooze (sounds rude!) but looks to be the same model.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Adjustable-Settings-Electric-Percolator/dp/B09S5T7GB3/ref=sr_1_5?adgrpid=1173179805146081&hvadid=73323944074292&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=132793&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-73323874982647%3Aloc-188&hydadcr=19146_2225575&keywords=sboly+coffee+grinder&qid=1648376046&sr=8-5

The switch weakness on the Krups is a common failure point, and a shoddy design. Mine can probably be got back into working order with a bit of appropriate plastic and some ingenuity when I can be bothered, but it's an inferior design - not proper burrs!

£32 inc P&P on fleabay... bit big though.
I like the dimensions of @Tribansman 's Cuisinart grinder, but that's more than what I want to spend.

I know I know you get what you pay for but there are limits :smile:

I have one of these - Gaggia

https://productz.com/en/gaggia-mdf/p/X6z5A
(no - not a pic of mine or doilies)
It's excellent - built like a tank - weighs as much as some folks' bikes maybe

Mega range of settings, though I mainly use just 2 - one for the gaggia classic and another for the stove-top.

Costs rather a lot - brought mine back from Italy when airline weight limits were more generous - got it cheap from a supermarket.

Will probably last you a lifetime though and you can buy bags of beans cheap from Lidl -quite often on offer.

Recommended as is all Gaggia old stuff - more like heavy engineering than kitchen tat)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I have one of these - Gaggia
View attachment 637289

https://productz.com/en/gaggia-mdf/p/X6z5A
(no - not a pic of mine or doilies)
It's excellent - built like a tank - weighs as much as some folks' bikes maybe

Mega range of settings, though I mainly use just 2 - one for the gaggia classic and another for the stove-top.

Costs rather a lot - brought mine back from Italy when airline weight limits were more generous - got it cheap from a supermarket.

Will probably last you a lifetime though and you can buy bags of beans cheap from Lidl -quite often on offer.

Recommended as is all Gaggia old stuff - more like heavy engineering than kitchen tat)

Favoured by Guardian readers and pretty much de rigueur when you have a Vespa. :becool:

I remember a time when coffee was not in the British vocabulary and I even entered cafes in the 1990s that did not serve coffee. The Italians were certainly ahead of the game. Having conquered the World and there was a time when the sun never sets on the empire and we had no excuse. How can you not notice the excellent aroma of freshly ground coffee.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have a Krups with 2 pots (one for spices) that has no switch.
It grinds when you press the pot after engaging it on the body.
Can't link because I bought it quite a few years ago from a local shop.
Works perfectly on Aldi, Lavazza and Co-op beans.
Finely grind for mocha machines (stove top or electric), loosely grind for the Aldi filter machine ^_^

Top Bottom