Recommend me a coffee grinder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Drink tea. Simples.

Old jon

Guru
My manual coffee grinder was just too much hard work, old wrists don't like all that effort, and almost by accident I found this one on Amazon. They list hundreds of coffee grinders, if you search for the item name . . .

Seems to work OK, less than £40 and USB chargeable.

Coffee Grinder.JPG

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I ended up going for a Sboly flat burr grinder for £29.95 inc P&P

SYCM-205_5_720x.jpg

There's not a great deal of worktop space in my kitchen so something small was needed, and reading up on flat vs conical burr, one isn't necessarily better or worse than the other. Should arrive in a day or two. I report back when it breaks :smile:

EDIT... just reading some reviews after purchase but before delivery. Seems static is an issue (for many coffee grinders)... any tips on reducing static?

Last edited:
Didn't even realise this "static" was a problem. What's it do?

(Vid doesn't seem to really explain the problem, not aware of any issues with my gaggia)

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I ended up going for a Sboly flat burr grinder for £29.95 inc P&P

View attachment 637657

There's not a great deal of worktop space in my kitchen so something small was needed, and reading up on flat vs conical burr, one isn't necessarily better or worse than the other. Should arrive in a day or two. I report back when it breaks :smile:

EDIT... just reading some reviews after purchase but before delivery. Seems static is an issue (for many coffee grinders)... any tips on reducing static?
Arrived today. So far, so good. Not too noisy either :smile:

You clearly have a superior machine that us mere mortals could only dream of :okay:
didn't cost me that much at the time.
if it makes you feel better, the lever I have to flip broke so I have to stick my fingers through to flip the stub - should try to do a permanent fix.
but it is generally very solid - and damn heavy.
I also pretty much never buy coffees when out and about(except spoons multi-shots) - they cost an arm and a leg, particularly in london. so it's long since paid for itself.

Top Bottom