Coffee on the bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As do I. Well, just a coffee maker thing you pour the boiling water from the stove in. Espresso makes me jittery, unless I bring a panetonne cake to go with it.
Google Coffeeneuring. Open- air coffeeneuring is a subgroup, where you don't actually ride to a cafe, but to a place where you brew your own coffee. Here's a practicioner of the art:http://pawndero.wordpress.com
Here's something you might also find useful.
http://www.amazon.com/Esbit-Stainless-Steel-Coffee-Tablets/dp/B002AQCLT0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419391661&sr=8-1&keywords=Esbit coffee maker
Who knew there was whole coffee sub-genre to cycling

byegad

Legendary Member
I bought a metal thermos from Tesco some years ago that fits a cage exactly. It ran me about £8 IIRC. I still use it now and and then but made a lot of use of it when I was commuting to work. (It was 16 miles each way and 5 minute stop to sip hot coffee and get the feeling back into my toes was vital in the bad weather.

From an earlier post
I was a fan of the lifeventure ones for a while, now I prefer the kathmandu ones. Sip lid under screw top lid, carabiner works nicely with carradice. Keeps coffee very warm for a long time. You need to be a little careful unscrewing lid: if you use the handle for leverage, be careful you don't apply pressure to the lever part of carabiner.
61071_bottle_917.jpg

(and both mugs and their lids go in the dishwasher fine, if you don't mind the paint being stripped off)

dsc_0001_2-jpg.11404.jpg

Last edited:

KneesUp

Guru
Would it be desperatel;y cheeky to get one of these and fill it up for free at Waitrose on the way in? :smile:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Sometimes I quite like to have a cup of coffee whilst out on a ride, but being 'careful' (or tight if you prefer:smile:), I struggle to justify around the £2 mark for a coffee from a cafe or similar.
Got me to thinking I should take it with me, so does anybody know if a small Thermos that will fit in a bottle cage is available?
I often take a flask of tea out for a day trip; or when I go to the cinema; its a tad thinner than a bike bottle so I got a Halfords bottle cage with a strap that keeps it in place

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Thanks folks:thumbsup:
I look forward to hot (cheap) coffee on my rides following a bit of shopping..

Top Bottom