Coffee/Tea on your bike, camping.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rhb123

Regular
I take one of those small Italian coffee pots (Moka pot) with me when I camp out. With a good ground coffee, it does weigh a little bit but well worth it for me. Sometimes its tea, with a small metal insulated tea-pot. Decent tea too, buy Yorkshire will do in a pinch. What do you cycle campers take? And what about on day trips, a flask?

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I use an Aeropress Go, on multi day trips.

IMG_20220521_115402129.jpg

It's essentially a French press style coffee maker. If you use it inverted at first you can let the grounds brew for five minutes, then flip it over and press the coffee through into the cup.

IMG_20220521_115746108.jpg

It's really nice and you can experiment with different coffee styles and strengths. It all packs away really neatly as well. I freshly grind coffee at home, then fill a small nalgene bottle, which lives in the middle of the press, which in turn lives inside my mug, all relatively compact.

IMG_20220520_202335532.jpg

I generally only bother with hot drinks on multi day rides though. Even though I ride all winter no matter how cold it is, I just can't be bothered with hot drinks.

Jameshow

Veteran
Coffee shops as I think of all the money I'm saving from not taking the car!

I have a big mug I can use on the hob if I want a campsite cuppa late at night or in the morning!

I need to get out there sooner rather than later!!

HelenD123

Guru
On a long tour it's tea bags with powdered milk. Water is boiled in my smallest pan.

On day rides we take a Tesco Flask. Got them in sale time at £5.00 each. Coffee mainly but sometimes Tea and we are going to try a Beef Tea (Oxo) when remember to make it. Brilliant flask for a day and keeps contents warm all day.

rivers

How far can I go?
I use coffee bags (like a tea bag, but with coffee). And while I don't normally drink black coffee, I do when I'm bikepacking.

gcogger

On day rides we take a Tesco Flask. Got them in sale time at £5.00 each. Coffee mainly but sometimes Tea and we are going to try a Beef Tea (Oxo) when remember to make it. Brilliant flask for a day and keeps contents warm all day.

I don't tend to drink Oxo/Bovril hot drinks but, now that you mention it, I can see that being nice on a freezing cold day on the bike :smile:

Top Bottom