Cogs for front wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can't imagine why you want to use two freewheels on the hub, unless for some reason you want to be able to pause the drive on one side. There's a very odd Korean chainset which has two freewheels integrated into it, so you'd use a regular front hub and any stop/go on one side or the other can be achieved at the chainset. I'll see if I can find it.

OP
OP
flantoons

flantoons

See this wheel. Can I put two freewheel cogs on it, instead of one freewheel and one fixed? (driving clock and anti clock, so both driving forward)
Then get this wheel onto front steel fork, by bending open a bit?
I haven't fully worked out the driving thing yet, so can't explain it.
Thanks

I was thinking of one way in which you might be able to do it would be to use a scrap MTB. Cut off the rear frame and all the bits you do not need, leaving bottom bracket and fork ends and then weld a steerer tube onto the bottom bracket. It might not look pretty but if it is a prototype it would be work in progress .
It would allow the drive train problem to be a lot simpler .

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Methinks we have a troll in our midst :smile:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Why would I bother?

A question I am asking myself. Maybe if you state what you end goal is, we can think of other solutions. As it stands a flip flop hub, even with both sides fixed is unlikely to help you because one side will always be against the threads. Plus if you are thinking of making something hand powered I would sugegst that fixed could be potentially dangerous.

If you could find a way of propelling it onto the hub thread (given that the removal splines are now inboard) it would immediately unscrew itself as soon as you put any drive through the chain.

Top Bottom