Cold Feet in Winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Student Cyclist

Hi, I am doing a degree with the Open University. I have been tasked with inventing a new product. I have an idea for keeping cyclists feet warm in winter. I need to know if this is as big a problem for you as it is for me and if there is a market for it.
Please could you answer 5 quick questions on the survey below.

Thanks

Andy G

Please Click the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K2H3GMF

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I'm not quite sure of the logic in the questions...

i.e. yes, cold feet can be a problem
I therefore wear overshoes
so cold feet are no longer a problem as neoprene overshoes work a treat

So I would not consider buying a product to solve my problem as I have already solved it.... if you see what I mean

(I'm not being nitpicking here, honest, I'm trying to help!)

Kbrook

Veteran
Done the survey, I have found nothing to help my cold feet so best of luck with the new invention. I will have first dibs on it or volunteer to trial it for free.

Norry1

Legendary Member
My feet get cold whatever I do. The most effective for me is to use the stick on foot warmer pads on top of my socks and put neoprene overshoes on as well. Feet still get cold but not quite as badly.

I gave up on the survey because although I suffer from numb feet but they are never cold. I wear overshoes in sub zero temperatures. These cover the gap between the bottom of my tights and the top of my shoes and stop me getting chilblanes there. I put the numbness down to the unforgiving rigid flat sole that cycling shoes have.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Used to get cold feet till i got some proper winter cycling boots, add apair of overshoes when its gets sub zero and my feet are toasty even with raynauds.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I found the given answers didn't fit mine.

I suffer from cold feet (Raynauds), and have found the best way for me is layering up, wearing thick warm winter boots, two pairs of socks, etc. yes I would spend money but probably on more boots.

MikeG

Guru
I know a couple of people who wear 2 pairs of socks, with some tin foil sandwiched between them. Personally I find the neoprene overshoes perfectly adequate, and so my answer is exactly the same as Spinney's: the problem has been solved. Now, if you could invent gloves that kept me warm but still allowed me to undo zips, never got trapped between the 2 gear change levers, and didn't get so sweaty that taking them off drags the liner out of place, then you've got my attention.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Chargeable, wireless, heated insoles already exist, work well, and are available. Be interested to know what you're thinking of?

Top Bottom