Cold feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sealskinz waterproof socks are good at keeping the cold out as well.

Dont let Noodley hear you say that ! :smile:

donnyjnk

I use hiking socks from go outdoors or 1000 mile hiking socks and overshoes. I dont think the trainers are helping much. If you are on MTB consider some cheap Karrimor ksb shoes but to benefit look on ebay for some cycling shoes. I got a pair of DHB triahlon shoes for £20, cleats for £7 and a set of look pedals from a friend. I then got a set of galibier overshoes for £8. After being in the army I would never advise using plastic bags on your feet. It could lead to athletes foot or a number of problems due to the foot not being able to breathe. try not to use a trainer with fabric meshing at the front

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My choice is summer socks on first, merino wool socks next - and this is my favourite trick - my bib longs are very long, for me, in the leg, sew up the ends so feet are completely covered and Bob's your uncle. Overshoes also help a great deal and I really like my BBB overshoes far more than my Enduras.

For very wet weather put feet in cut down supermarket plastic bags before putting shoes on.

ALWAYS wear shoes loose and make sure socks etc fit properly, not too tight.

I've also found by angling my feet backwards the heel pushes the back of the shoe. When flat or angled forward my toes push against the front of the shoe. The pressure created reduces blood flow and contributes to making my feet cold.

Why do some riders wear socks on the outside of their shoes?

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Just bought a pair of planet x 3mm thick neoprene overshoes from ebay for about £15, I am gonna give them a try in the morning... will let you know how well they work for me....:thumbsup:

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Rode in them today and excelent nice warm toasty feet

boydj

Legendary Member
I usually add a layer of aluminium foil between the shoes and overshoes when the temp drops below zero. Delays the seepage of the cold for a bit at least.

I've had freezing toes for a while now so this has been a good read, thanks. I'm thinking my shoes may be a bit tight, but I have gone and bought some merrino socks and some neoprone overshoes from Planet X, twenty one quid for the lot including postage. Here's hoping...

Top Bottom