Cold/Flu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Some viruses can wipe you out for months and can get very serious if you don't get the better of them. If you've been feeling like this for a while get to the doc and get some rest too. Check out the media - several nasty bugs going about right now with record numbers in hospital - don't become the next one to check-in!

Yup, it was a STOOPID Thing to do :sad:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Still paying for a moment of STUPIDITY :sad:

Not cycled a distance since Dec 23rd

The good news being I have only gained about 3 pounds

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
This lurgy thats going around certainly lingers once you have got it. I had it 3 weeeeks ago spent the first week in bed and only started riding the bike since New Year and I think yhat was too early.

Maybe you were a bit stupid Gaz but I know how frustrating it is when you are stuck at home and feel fairly ok but still cant do much on the bike.

I am going to stick on sub 20 milers for the next week .Did 28 yesterday and it left me knackered all day after :sad:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
This lurgy thats going around certainly lingers once you have got it. I had it 3 weeeeks ago spent the first week in bed and only started riding the bike ion the last few days.

Maybe you were a bit stupid Gaz but I know how frustrating it is when you are stuck at home and feel fairly ok but still cant do much on the bike.

I am going to stick on sub 20 milers for the next week .Did 28 yesterday and it left me knackered all day after :sad:

I was on such a Roll, weight loss wise, that I just didnt want it to be over.

Truth is, the few pounds I have gained, I can lose within a week and then its back to normal, so lesson learnt, after all, im sure, by now, i'd be back to normal, fully intend to be back by Monday, even if its just 6 miles at "Pootling" pace,

Im ALMOST Ready......but this time, I wont rush it....

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I put on about 5 lb in the last month but like you the combination of Xmas food and little or no riding due to illness is to blame.

I am sure that once back to normal commuting and riding the excess lbs will drop off in no time.(for both of us)

Steve H

Large Member
I read your thread about flu yesterday and I'm feeling awful today. Do you think I could have picked up the flu through the chat forum? :tongue:

Hopefully it's just man-flu and it'll be gone by Monday. Want to start cycling again. Feels like I've been off the bike for ages over Christmas / New Year / snow season.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I read your thread about flu yesterday and I'm feeling awful today. Do you think I could have picked up the flu through the chat forum? :tongue:

Hopefully it's just man-flu and it'll be gone by Monday. Want to start cycling again. Feels like I've been off the bike for ages over Christmas / New Year / snow season.

If its REAL flu , then yes, man flu ? Nahhhhh, I only suffer the good stuff :biggrin:

Last cycle for me, 23rd Dec, I want to cry , I know for sure, on Monday, what ever bike I pick, that it will be crying like a baby !!!!!!!!

Chrisc

Guru
If its REAL flu , then yes, man flu ? Nahhhhh, I only suffer the good stuff :biggrin:

Last cycle for me, 23rd Dec, I want to cry , I know for sure, on Monday, what ever bike I pick, that it will be crying like a baby !!!!!!!!

I've been suffering with cold, no flu but kept going out there and doing a bit. Opposite of your situation. I need a day off, even took the wife's ancient MTB (too small for me, must buy own mtb) out for an hour in the snow this am, .... Ridden every day since boxing day, twice sometimes...addicted much? Hope you get out soon!

potsy

Rambler
Just done 3 commutes after about 4 weeks off the bike and my legs are aching this morning, still sniffling even after 4 weeks, don't think I've ever had a cold last this long before.
Have put 5-6 lbs on over Xmas which I'm hoping to lose v quickly bow I'm back in the swing of things again.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Just done 3 commutes after about 4 weeks off the bike and my legs are aching this morning, still sniffling even after 4 weeks, don't think I've ever had a cold last this long before.
Have put 5-6 lbs on over Xmas which I'm hoping to lose v quickly bow I'm back in the swing of things again.

A-Men to that dude....

Top Bottom