Cold is here again !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Definitely getting nippy as it was -5 here this morning.
Was it really?
I think -2 in my bit, at 7am.
Not really cold by all means on a heavy commuter with ice tyres, but when I walked to Tesco at 7pm it felt freezing :laugh:

Slick

Guru
Was it really?
Not really cold by all means on a heavy commuter with ice tyres, but when I walked to Tesco at 7pm it felt freezing :laugh:

It was Pat, but I never took the bike out.

It did warm up quite quickly when the sun came out, but loads of areas stayed covered in frost all day as the sun couldn't reach them.

To be much milder tonight though.

Slick

Guru
Was it really?

It was Pat, but I never took the bike out.

It did warm up quite quickly when the sun came out, but loads of areas stayed covered in frost all day as the sun couldn't reach them.

To be much milder tonight though.
Although I don't know now, as I've just checked outside and its-3 already. :laugh:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
It’s so cold/I’m so soft that I might have to stop my turbo to get some gloves on.

image.jpg

OP
OP
CAESAR AVGVSTVS

CAESAR AVGVSTVS

I’ve been online after visiting my local shops, purchased some Merino Wool Thermal Liner Socks/Liner gloves/boot socks and my new DHB thermal pants turned up 😃 hopefully that will do the job on Wednesdays evening ride through the commons and woods.

Hate the cold, hate with knobs on the potential for ice so I‘m sticking to the turbo today despite the sun. I‘ve had two offs over the years on ice, one just a scrape but the other did some damage. I don’t bounce as well these days either.
It's not so much the cold but the slippery roads.I had a coming off a few years ago and it wasn't nice.Scrapped leg and a damaged rear derailleur.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CAESAR AVGVSTVS

CAESAR AVGVSTVS

It's not so much the cold but the slippery roads.I had a coming off a few years ago and it wasn't nice.Scraped leg and a damaged rear derailleur.

I do a lot of road riding in the Surrey hills, as soon as the leaves start to fall off the trees the road bike gets put away and out comes the mountain bike for some off road winter fun rides. A lot safer!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CAESAR AVGVSTVS

CAESAR AVGVSTVS

Well I’ve got the cold problem sorted, went out -2 at 6.30am. 26 miles through the countryside and came back nice and warm😃 had to buy some new boots but couldn’t pay the sort of money for proper winter boots for Mtb riding. Ended up buying a pair of “Cat Everett boots”. They are great and do the job.
There was plenty of other guys out early enjoying themselves, just shows the cold can be overcome 😃

Person

Riding 3 miles to work for 6.00am a few days ago my garmin edge explore 2 registered minus 6. I'm warm all over besides my finger tips which get cold to the extent they hurt. It's also the first time I've ever had to wear a buff over my mouth to stop it going numb. I try to use the roads the emergency services use as these are always gritted unlike most other roads where gritting is a thing of the past.

Top Bottom