Cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
My "softshell" is from last year. Completely agree with temps. What's good is to put one of their winter cycling shirts underneath for very cold days.

400bhp

Guru
Weeeeeeee...... that was fun. Bike is washed and leaning near a radiator in the dining room now. The roads were visibly quite heavily gritted (hence washing the bike upon my return) and plenty of ice in the gutter as I climbed out of Glossop. The little pond at the summit was ¾ covered with a crust of ice and hailstone, it was pretty nippy up there so just took time to have a quick skate on the puddles then a drink and back down against the wind.

Distance = 22.7 miles. Riding time = 1h 35m. Av = 14.4 and max speed 45.4mph but I was fighting the wind and watching out for icy patches so had to take it easy :whistle:

?

Hope it's not on....

Sounds like a fun ride-good climb that.

I might have to break my embargo on, cough, hrraagghh, ahem :blush: (whisper) moisturiser as the wind is drying out the skin on my face and making it sore.
I'll go and do something male now to make myself feel better after mentioning the M-word.:boxing: :smile:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
shsssh "Moisturiser"

Yup, that time of year, cold is getting to the skin on my face and I also started using it again this morning.

potsy

Rambler
Must admit last night/this morning was the first time I've really felt the cold this winter, that wind as it hit my face was Arctic.
Got the merino baselayer ready for tonight and the skullcap for under the helmet.

No sign of ice yet after Saturdays 'slips' but it can't be far away if it stays this cold :cold:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Feet were numb on the homeward bound commute , even with thermal socks + overshoes .

Not so much the temperature as the wind chill.

potsy

Rambler
Feet were numb on the homeward bound commute , even with thermal socks + overshoes .

Not so much the temperature as the wind chill.
That's one thing I haven't noticed yet since getting myself some winter boots, wear a pair of DHB thermal socks with them and feet have been toasty warm all winter.
Also using some merino glove liners under my Aldi winter gloves, not quite perfect but will do.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That's one thing I haven't noticed yet since getting myself some winter boots, wear a pair of DHB thermal socks with them and feet have been toasty warm all winter.
Also using some merino glove liners under my Aldi winter gloves, not quite perfect but will do.
You must have small hands i have an xl pair of aldi cycle gloves and i could not get anything under them !

My problem is i spent half the day going in and out a cold warehouse on a fork truck so my feet were not that warm to start with .

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I might have to break my embargo on, cough, hrraagghh, ahem :blush: (whisper) moisturiser as the wind is drying out the skin on my face and making it sore.
I'll go and do something male now to make myself feel better after mentioning the M-word.:boxing: :smile:

Been using it for weeks (moisturiser that is) and don't feel the need to prove my masculinity as a result, after all, if you are blessed with dashing good looks it makes sense to look after them?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
If you guys are worried about the effects of the cold air you could buy one of these

gimpmask.jpg

Guaranteed to get you noticed and keep the wind of your faces :whistle:

Hicky

Guru
Also ensure when you give the dreaded "stare" for mobile phone use....the offender has more than a shock:crazy:

Top Bottom