Colds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
OK this is probably a bit trivial in light of what's happening but here goes:blush:

I usually get maybe one or two minor Colds a year.Some years not at all.Never had 'Flu.Since late July I seem to be getting a "Cold" every other week....and it always seems to be on my days off!I do an odd shift pattern,but have done so for 25+ years.These "Colds" are exactly the same..itchy runny nose,sneezing,watery eyes and a fuzzy head...ie what I would typically call a Cold!I'm halfway through my 6 days off and it started yesterday again!This morning it's progressed to the nose running like a fountain:stop:
I'm not complaining(OK maybe just a little:whistle: ) and I'd sooner have this than C-19 but it's getting to the point where I'd rather work through my days off just in case:rolleyes::ohmy::laugh:...OK maybe not:okay:
Is it just me or is it part of the whole Coronavirus fall out?

Slick

Guru
Rule 5 maybe?

vickster

Legendary Member
Add a daily zinc + vitamin C tablet to your morning routine and have plenty of rest days :okay:
Sounds as much like hay fever /allergic rhinitis as a cold. Do antihistamines help?
Do you work in healthcare or education where you come into contact with sick people or mini plague carriers? :whistle:

Slick

Guru
You can’t use that in this forum any longer........
I think maybe it's just you that's not allowed. :okay:

OP
OP
Sniper68

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
Day 2 of antihistamine (cetirizine hydrochloride) and the symptoms are better but not 100% gone.
I took one yesterday around 14:00 and by 16:00 symptoms had eased dramatically.
So this looks like an allergy but to what:wacko:
Is it possible to develop an allergy to something that's always been there?
Is it permanent?
Do I stop taking the tablets once the symptoms disappear?

vickster

Legendary Member
Day 2 of antihistamine (cetirizine hydrochloride) and the symptoms are better but not 100% gone.
I took one yesterday around 14:00 and by 16:00 symptoms had eased dramatically.
So this looks like an allergy but to what:wacko:
Is it possible to develop an allergy to something that's always been there?
Is it permanent?
Do I stop taking the tablets once the symptoms disappear?
Could be anything in the environment, at work or at home. Take them for a bit, stop them for a bit and see if the symptoms come back. If they do, take them again. You could always see a Dr but it doesn’t sound like the symptoms are a major issue

Top Bottom